Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Excess baggage :-(

Excess baggage :-(

Old May 14th 2008, 8:14 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Excess baggage :-(

We used excess baggage at Heathrow - didnt have a choice as we had too many cases lol...
They said we would have our stuff in 7 to 10 days, well finally after chasing everyone involved we finally took delivery of it today. Took them a month to get it to us - despite in landing in Melbourne a few days after us...
Only to find they (they dont know which point of its journey it was lost) have lost KOH's irriplaceable snooker cue.
Ive tried nice tactics and finally really pissed off tactics, still no one knows which driver took deliver of our consignment - it was a contractor who dropped off our other bits today - he had a itemised delivery note for the other items so he hasnt lost the cue...
Just about pushing KOH over the edge now..he was so looking forward to escaping for some 'man' time..

Yes it is insured - but end of day it was hand crafted specificially for him...was £400 15 yrs ago...
Old May 14th 2008, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all
Default Re: Excess baggage :-(

Originally Posted by katsmajic
We used excess baggage at Heathrow - didnt have a choice as we had too many cases lol...
They said we would have our stuff in 7 to 10 days, well finally after chasing everyone involved we finally took delivery of it today. Took them a month to get it to us - despite in landing in Melbourne a few days after us...
Only to find they (they dont know which point of its journey it was lost) have lost KOH's irriplaceable snooker cue.
Ive tried nice tactics and finally really pissed off tactics, still no one knows which driver took deliver of our consignment - it was a contractor who dropped off our other bits today - he had a itemised delivery note for the other items so he hasnt lost the cue...
Just about pushing KOH over the edge now..he was so looking forward to escaping for some 'man' time..

Yes it is insured - but end of day it was hand crafted specificially for him...was £400 15 yrs ago...
Excess baggage lost one of my bags between my mum's house in North West England and Heathrow airport. To make matters worse they didn't even realise they'd lost it until I asked at this end where my fourth bag was when they delivered the other 3. Even though they where marked as 1 of 4 etc. It took them 3 months to find it! It did finally turn up here in Qld after many phone calls and emails if that's any consolation? and they where very apologetic and paid all the incurred extra fees as of course they should. Didn't help though as it contained my son's clothes and he didn't have most of his stuff 3 months and I had to buy replacements and bear the brunt of his misery when he wanted something that was in that case.
So you have my sympathy. Hope it does turn up x
Old May 17th 2008, 12:24 pm
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sals
Excess baggage lost one of my bags between my mum's house in North West England and Heathrow airport. To make matters worse they didn't even realise they'd lost it until I asked at this end where my fourth bag was when they delivered the other 3. Even though they where marked as 1 of 4 etc. It took them 3 months to find it! It did finally turn up here in Qld after many phone calls and emails if that's any consolation? and they where very apologetic and paid all the incurred extra fees as of course they should. Didn't help though as it contained my son's clothes and he didn't have most of his stuff 3 months and I had to buy replacements and bear the brunt of his misery when he wanted something that was in that case.
So you have my sympathy. Hope it does turn up x
KOH is a happy bunny again - cue turned up yesterday...thank goodness.
it had been on a detour - got put in wrong van apparently but koh has unwrapped it, stroked it all over, resassured himself thats its all ok and is smiling once again phew
Old May 18th 2008, 6:24 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

KOH is a happy bunny again - cue turned up yesterday...thank goodness.
it had been on a detour - got put in wrong van apparently but koh has unwrapped it, stroked it all over, resassured himself thats its all ok and is smiling once again phew
Was it ITS who delivered??...............mm
Old May 18th 2008, 6:36 am
broken but got a visa! :

Im not sure - was a young guy in his own van - TNT had contracted it out to him...

Originally Posted by mr mover
Was it ITS who delivered??...............mm
Old May 18th 2008, 7:08 am
to be or not to be...

bluejohn has a spectacular aura aboutbluejohn has a spectacular aura aboutbluejohn has a spectacular aura about

We too had a similar problem. We had an extra suitcase to bring back after our 6 months in England and they lost the case. They had it one week when they informed us, that they couldn't find it. It took 6 weeks for the case to get to us and appatently sat in Melbourne for a while. We were told this is where Australian customs checked the case. We were already here by the time we got the case , it didn't have anything has special has your husbands cue but all the new clothes I had bought . It cost us 220GBP door to door not including the $88.00 customs clearance.