Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

exam sitting - wish me luck!!!!!

exam sitting - wish me luck!!!!!

Old Dec 16th 2003, 12:08 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: exam sitting - wish me luck!!!!!

Originally posted by janeyray
Hope you passed!

There is a 'certificate' for everything! I am begining to think this is the only way to get employment?

In retail you have to have passed a 'Retail Course'

In aged care, an 'Aged Care' certificate

To work in a chemist (just serving behind the counter) you have to have a certificate

To be a pub 'bouncer' (crowd control) you have to have a licence and do a course (not quite me though)

To work in KFC-Maccys-Red Rooster you have to be under 16 years of age. (thats me out then!! lol)

To work in a coffee shop you have to have experience in 'coffee making (bets thats hard!!??)

If your a qualified electrician you have to sit exams and get a licence

And the list goes on.

They don't seem to take into account any qualifications or relevant experience that you have gained in the UK. As long as you have working experience in OZ or have the right certificate (gained in OZ) then your ok.

I know it's not the same with every profession, just the majority!!! and I know it's easy to get the certificate if you have the money and time to go to Tafe to gain it, but it's not something everyone expects when they arrive in OZ? Is it?
I just can't wait to get back to the UK and be able to get 'EMPLOYMENT' easily.

If you find a good Barista you will start to become a coffee snob. A good double espresso for a kick start is fantastic.

For the shot of coffee the right temperature and pressure need to be maintained to get the right strength and to prevent the coffee oil burning.
Old Dec 16th 2003, 12:10 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by bondipom
If you find a good Barista you will start to become a coffee snob. A good double espresso for a kick start is fantastic.

For the shot of coffee the right temperature and pressure need to be maintained to get the right strength and to prevent the coffee oil burning.
I must admit I love a good coffee.

Your beard needs trimming.
Old Dec 16th 2003, 12:14 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I must admit I love a good coffee.

Your beard needs trimming.
Just trying to be xmassy.
Old Dec 16th 2003, 12:31 am
ABCDiamond

There is a 'certificate' for everything! I am begining to think this is the only way to get employment?
Not always !!
It's quite easy to get a job in Government, then you get to make "the rules".

Not that I am in government employ.. Just the wife, with no qualifications, no experience, and earning as much as many qualified experienced people. It fair p***es me off.

But other than that I agree with you. Did you know that if you want to employ someone to find a house for you, (called a Buyers Agent), that person needs a Real Estate Licence !! Apparently entailing months of study !!

Old Dec 16th 2003, 12:34 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Did you know that if you want to employ someone to find a house for you, (called a Buyers Agent), that person needs a Real Estate Licence !! Apparently entailing months of study !!
We are going to sell our home ourselves (try anyway) I wonder if we have to have a licence to sell!!! lol probably!?
Old Dec 16th 2003, 12:37 am
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

We are going to sell our home ourselves (try anyway) I wonder if we have to have a licence to sell!!! lol probably!?
You'd probably need to pay stamp duty on the licence application! ; )
Old Dec 16th 2003, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

thfc is an unknown quantity at this point

Dan im also a plumber trying to get out there .We had our medicals back in oz for march 5th 2003 ,but still havent heard back yet,how long after your medicals etc did it take you to get your visas through.cheers
Old Dec 16th 2003, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all

Must find meself some pommy tradespeople as I think they are more reliable. Been waiting 1 month for a bathroom renovater to send me the quote and three weeks for a structural engineer to send his building report! (Roof beams coming adrift!!)
[/QUOTE]
hi carol, if you are in the northern rivers area, send a pm
seriously, alan has had 30 years in property maintenance.
karen
Old Dec 16th 2003, 8:26 am
FayenPaul

faye_gillan is an unknown quantity at this point

Dot hey not take into consideration of "Trades Recognition Australia" pass mark? Also what is TAFE???
Old Dec 16th 2003, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

gwrees is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by thfc
Dan im also a plumber trying to get out there .We had our medicals back in oz for march 5th 2003 ,but still havent heard back yet,how long after your medicals etc did it take you to get your visas through.cheers

Hi thfc

That seems a long time, now you've got me panicking!
Ive just sold my house and I havent even had my medicals yet
I was told that you get the medicals about 7 months after you apply and the visa comes through 3 or 4 months later. If I were you I would be on there backs trying to find out whats going on, after waiting as long as that I reckon I'd even fly out there to sort them out!