Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

To exactly where do they ship goods?

Wikiposts

To exactly where do they ship goods?

Old Jul 9th 2003, 8:55 am
Just Joined

Tiredofkent is an unknown quantity at this point
Default To exactly where do they ship goods?

This may seem a strange request but although we have been to Oz a few times before, we have yet to decide exactly where to live ie. Brisbane or Perth. Hence we are going out, going to travel a while, make a decision and settle down. The problem arises with the contents of our house ie. where do we send them? Does anyone know whether everything is shipped into one point to Oz and then moved on according to destination? Basically we don't want to have everything shipped into Perth only to be then charged a fortune if we decide to settle in Brisbane (or vice versa) and need to have our belongings sent on there. If it's only going to a 'hub' location anyway I would like to know this before we start discussions with shipping cos. I know we could leave everything in UK storage until we decide where we will live, but another reason for travelling is to kill time before our goods arrive.

Has anyone else faced this dilemma or is it just us?????