ex US residents/form 80

Wikiposts

ex US residents/form 80

Old Aug 4th 2003, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

kevbhoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ex US residents/form 80

Hello all,

My wife and I sent off our medicals and police certificates early May. We were requested to fill out form 80 after this, and we sent this off June 2nd.

I have lived in the US on and off for about 5 years, and believe the delay is in getting my checks done for there. Has anybody else been in a similar situation, and if so, how long was it between sending off form 80 and hearing back from DIMA? It's over two months for us now.

Thanks a lot

Kevin
Old Aug 5th 2003, 2:11 am
Forum Regular

Location: Ex-Bournemouth now Sunny Florida, heading for Perth
WannabeWallaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ex US residents/form 80

Originally posted by kevbhoy
Hello all,

My wife and I sent off our medicals and police certificates early May. We were requested to fill out form 80 after this, and we sent this off June 2nd.

I have lived in the US on and off for about 5 years, and believe the delay is in getting my checks done for there. Has anybody else been in a similar situation, and if so, how long was it between sending off form 80 and hearing back from DIMA? It's over two months for us now.

Thanks a lot

Kevin

Hi there

I don't recall what Form 80 refers to but my hubby applied on a spouse visa (I was born in Oz) and went through the Washington Consulate. It only took 6 months from start top finish and we didn't front load.

Good luck to you
Wannabe Wallaby