Reload this Page >

To take or not to take AS Levels

To take or not to take AS Levels

Old Aug 5th 2003, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

xcaretuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Question To take or not to take AS Levels

Hi Everyone,
My name is Barbara and I am new to this forum.
My family and I have applied to emigrate to Oz (Adelaide) and have sent all our medical reports/ police clearance info off four weeks ago and are like many others now awaiting the final decision.
I have a daughter of 16 who has just finished her GCSE's and should be attending College in September to start AS Levels. Can anyone advise if it would be best for her to finish these next year (June) or if we get a speedy visa (LOL) if its best for us/her to go straight to Australia ASAP and continue her studies there without taking AS Levels.

Not sure if English AS levels would qualify her entry into Oz Uni's and she would still be only 17.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Barb
Old Aug 5th 2003, 3:12 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Barb, welcome to the forum. Not sure what to advise as you're probably in a better place to judge. Can your daughter get an equivalent education/ qualification in Aus? - would be my main criterion. Plus her wishes might be important too.