Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ex service personnel pension

Ex service personnel pension

Old Jan 11th 2004, 8:48 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ex service personnel pension

Anyone out here know anything about service pensions when moving to NZ?

Theres a lot of speculation around that you lose it or that it get frozen. I cant see it myself and dont think it gets treated like a state pension.

Any help from any ex Matelot/Pongo or crab living the life would be great.

Jack Daws (Matelot)
Old Jan 11th 2004, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Ex service personnel pension

Originally posted by Jack Daws
Anyone out here know anything about service pensions when moving to NZ?

Theres a lot of speculation around that you lose it or that it get frozen. I cant see it myself and dont think it gets treated like a state pension.

Any help from any ex Matelot/Pongo or crab living the life would be great.

Jack Daws (Matelot)
Hi Jack

Looked into this one myself - contacted the services pension folk and have been assured that your service pension will be paid in full with the same index linked benefits when aged 55- they only asked me if it would be paying into a British bank account and to remember to let them know about change of address.

On a similar note if you have a reserve liability dont forget to let them know.

Scot (ex matelot)
Old Jan 11th 2004, 11:09 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply Scot.

Im on a service invaliding pension, so I get it now (cheers easy).
I know a few other people on the ***** site are asking the same qustion.

Jack (ex WAFU)
Old Jan 11th 2004, 5:20 pm
Banned

Anyone out in NZ or OZ getting a service pension? If so would love to know the score.

Jack