Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ex Pat schools in Perth area

Ex Pat schools in Perth area

Old Jun 1st 2003, 9:28 am
Just Joined

S Hook is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ex Pat schools in Perth area

I would like to know if there are any English run schools in the Perth area, enabling my son to finish his studies, I know they have such schools in Canada.
Old Jun 1st 2003, 11:48 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Most Perth schools are run by the English, its an English town.
Old Jun 1st 2003, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all

Question: Why would you want your son to go to an expat school? Australia is an English speaking country so surely those schools would be suitable? Don't you want your son to intigrate with Australians?

I apologise if I seem a bit confused but I can't understand your reasons.

Perhaps you could elaborate?
Old May 27th 2004, 2:20 am
Just Joined

Mark Lovejoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The International School of Perth

www.isperth.org

Due to the fact that the City of Perth has become the home for people from all over the world, The International School of Perth is quite different from other schools in the area. These are just some of the unique characteristics of the school:

- Pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade
- Small class sizes
- Incredibly diverse student and teacher population
- Co-educational
- No religious affiliation
- United States based curriculum
- Northern Hemisphere academic schedule (August to June)
- Northern and Southern Hemisphere vacation schedule
- University preparatory with core subjects and the Advanced Placement Program
- We currently offer 8 AP courses
- Admissions throughout the year
Old May 27th 2004, 4:22 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PADDAD
Question: Why would you want your son to go to an expat school? Australia is an English speaking country so surely those schools would be suitable? Don't you want your son to intigrate with Australians?

I apologise if I seem a bit confused but I can't understand your reasons.

Perhaps you could elaborate?

You sound confused, i think the point was ENGLISH CURRICULUM , not expat schools...

...thus enabling the completion of studies !
Old May 27th 2004, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The International School of Perth

Originally posted by Mark Lovejoy
www.isperth.org

Due to the fact that the City of Perth has become the home for people from all over the world, The International School of Perth is quite different from other schools in the area. These are just some of the unique characteristics of the school:

- Pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade
- Small class sizes
- Incredibly diverse student and teacher population
- Co-educational
- No religious affiliation
- United States based curriculum
- Northern Hemisphere academic schedule (August to June)
- Northern and Southern Hemisphere vacation schedule
- University preparatory with core subjects and the Advanced Placement Program
- We currently offer 8 AP courses
- Admissions throughout the year
You have to feel sorry for those kids at any school which follows the northern hemisphere school year. There's a French Lycee in Maroubra where the kids have school terms/holidays just like they do in France. Which means they have a lovely long holiday in July/August (freezing cold) and a really short one over Christmas. So the poor kids have to watch everyone else troop off to the beach during January whilst they spend the time in the class room!
Old May 27th 2004, 6:53 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The International School of Perth

Originally posted by nickyc
You have to feel sorry for those kids at any school which follows the northern hemisphere school year. There's a French Lycee in Maroubra where the kids have school terms/holidays just like they do in France. Which means they have a lovely long holiday in July/August (freezing cold) and a really short one over Christmas. So the poor kids have to watch everyone else troop off to the beach during January whilst they spend the time in the class room!
I understand both sides - having a short summer here can be a pain but if you have strong ties with 'northern' hemisphere countries the differences in school years and holidays are very tiresome both ways!

I have real difficulty planning family holidays and accommodating visitors and trips for the kids to relatives. Not that our planning means much hardships but for those families considering have to plan access trips over the year it could be very costly and distressful for children missing school or turning back up to a country where none of their mates are on holiday.

Any way back to the subject of the 1st poster - try also doing a search on International Bacalaureate programs in Perth - might be an option for continued education.

Cheers
Old May 28th 2004, 12:47 am
Just Joined

Mark Lovejoy is an unknown quantity at this point

The International School of Perth has an extended holiday break during BOTH hemisphere summers.
Old May 28th 2004, 12:49 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Mark Lovejoy
The International School of Perth has an extended holiday break during BOTH hemisphere summers.
i think the problem with that school would be the "United States based curriculum"