Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

EVL or Anglo Pacific

EVL or Anglo Pacific

Old Feb 26th 2008, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: EVL or Anglo Pacific

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Hi All.
Can anyone tell me if they have used either EVL or Anglo Pacific in their move? If so would you recommend either of them?

My head is battered with all this removal stuff
Robinsons,

I always see the same names on here has, Robinsons very professional team and reasonably priced IMO

Cheryl
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

russell is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Hi All.
Can anyone tell me if they have used either EVL or Anglo Pacific in their move? If so would you recommend either of them?

My head is battered with all this removal stuff
hi we used anglo pacific all our stuff arrived safely and on time. all plasma tvs were boxed in plywood as were glass tables and marble tables all suites were wrapped in bubble wrap then boxed in cardboard we would use them again
Old Feb 27th 2008, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

strike4rs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by russell
hi we used anglo pacific all our stuff arrived safely and on time. all plasma tvs were boxed in plywood as were glass tables and marble tables all suites were wrapped in bubble wrap then boxed in cardboard we would use them again

wish i could say the same, they wrapped my things in paper and cardboard boxes and have caused £12,000's worth of damage. What you need to be ccarefulabout is the way they operate, they subcontract most of there work so at the end of the day it could be jo bloggs at the end of your street packing all your belongings and what does he know or care.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

strike4rs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by strike4rs
just a word of advice i just used anglo and they are really crap, they took 3 months to get our items to us then charged 3 times the original quote then when finally i got my stuff it was mostly badly damaged and smashed. They do not try to contact you nor will they return your calls, the extent of damage to my goods is in excess of £12,000.00 and a lot of things had sentimental value and cannot be replaced. From my experience i wouldnt touch them with a barge pole.

Hope this helps
i used anglo total nightmare, nine months later still they have not resolved issues regarding damaged goods and what they so call customer service. once they have your money they they really don't care. The dust bin man would take more care of your treasured belongings. Can't say to much puts me into mood for weeks thinking about them.

good luck
Old Aug 1st 2008, 3:41 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by strike4rs
i used anglo total nightmare, nine months later still they have not resolved issues regarding damaged goods and what they so call customer service. once they have your money they they really don't care. The dust bin man would take more care of your treasured belongings. Can't say to much puts me into mood for weeks thinking about them.

good luck
Once upon a time a poster called John Payne promised to sort out all the problems BE posters had with his company......
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 8:24 pm
funky monkey.

chiefster1976 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi.. Just wondering with which removal firms actually use solely there own company at both ends as oppossed to other parties getting involved..
I would personally feel alot better paying a little extras to use ONE company to solely move my gear...
Robinsons
Anglo
PSS..
Britannia
John Mason
Autoshippers.
Pickfords
Old Aug 15th 2008, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

stimmo is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=sara1981;5942631]i agree, nice little file of paperwork from anglo...and a promotional dvd!

QUOTE]

Yep i saw the dvd too, "laying crystal flat???" hmmm, i have a survey booked with evl in a week or so.
I shall reserve judgement till then, this is the first time i'm paying for my move so i'm being careful.....
Old Oct 7th 2008, 12:13 am
Just Joined

travellingtwo is an unknown quantity at this point

We had a horrible experience with Anglo Pacific. Full story here:

http://travellingtwo.com/resources/anglopacificbad

In short, they made a lot of promises but failed to resolve anything or even bother to answer our emails and keep us up to date. They only lost a box full of our most valued things like old family photos and our wedding album. Okay... not their fault that the box that went missing happened to contain those things but still they could have made resolving the issue an awful lot faster and easier.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:57 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chiefster1976
Hi.. Just wondering with which removal firms actually use solely their own company at both ends as oppossed to other parties getting involved..
Crown are the only one. For that very reason we used them.

It means you get your stuff quicker (different companies getting involved means they have to fit you into their diary which means delays).

www.crownrelo.co.uk

Gina
Old Oct 7th 2008, 9:40 am
Banned

andrew4 is an unknown quantity at this point

my friend use doreebonner so may be worth getting them to quote
Old Oct 7th 2008, 12:23 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Another vote here for AP. No probs and more than competitive too.

I've also used Allied Pickfords from Aus to UK and they were sole agent both ends. Dont know if thats still the case. I di get a quite from them when returning but they were 50% more than others quotes and really iffy knowledge wise i.e. what to bring etc.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 3:44 am
Banned

NowInOz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by andrew4
my friend use doree bonner so may be worth getting them to quote
Doree Bonner use Grace in Australia who are owned by Crown Relocation.

Gina
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 5:27 am
Just Joined

Tim - London is an unknown quantity at this point

anglo pacific - not the cheapest but big on promises "we take more care, we're professionals, we try harder to please you"

rubbish - they pack as fast as they can with the mentality any breakages the insurers can pick them up

e.g. our painting was packed unprotected to rattle around in a large box of metal cycle parts, surprise, surprise a complete write-off!

ap's comment - that's what insurance is for
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 9:13 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tim - London
anglo pacific - not the cheapest but big on promises "we take more care, we're professionals, we try harder to please you"

rubbish - they pack as fast as they can with the mentality any breakages the insurers can pick them up

e.g. our painting was packed unprotected to rattle around in a large box of metal cycle parts, surprise, surprise a complete write-off!

ap's comment - that's what insurance is for
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. We had a couple of original paintings and a plasma. The assessor noted these on the quote and the packers arrived with bespoke wooden cases for said articles - very securely packed. I'm suprised they didn't do this for you.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Wilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really nice

We used EVL and they were absolutely fantastic. We decided to bring our car with us and they were the only ones who could load it into the container at our house rather than drive it to the docks. The office staff were really helpful and the lads that did the packing were amazing - super quick and nothing got broken. They were also the cheapest by miles.