evicted ???????

Old Feb 9th 2007, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

task is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nice
Default evicted ???????

hi just had a phone call from the estate agent and the owners of our rental want to move back in to the property in may
we took on this rental for 12 months in october.
where do we stand legally does any one have any advice
a bit peeved off task
ps it me birthday well timed
Old Feb 9th 2007, 8:15 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: evicted ???????

Originally Posted by task
hi just had a phone call from the estate agent and the owners of our rental want to move back in to the property in may
a bit peeved off task
surley if you have a lease its legally binding on both parties
seek some proper legal advice and then you tell em to shove it where the sun dont shine
Old Feb 9th 2007, 8:16 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

a bit peeved off task
Yeah thats wierd....a contract is a contract..and if you broke it you would have to pay.
Not sure on the legal side of things here, but i know everything is backwards

Good luck and sorry.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

AFAIK, fraid' not. They only have to give you notice (3 months I think). I'm guessing its because your lease is with them for a year, not theres with you. I hope I'm wrong.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 8:41 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

a bit peeved off task
Your in Perth right? you signed a 12 month lease? then they can't take possesion until the lease expires. Simple.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

a bit peeved off task
Tell the agent that you would love to be able to help them move into their lovely house early but as you don't want to live on the streets you would want them find an equivalent place at a lower rental. They would have to pay all your moving expenses, the first months rent and a slap up meal for the family at the best curry house in Perth.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 11:24 am
STRIKE HARD STRIKE SURE

Whitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by NedKelly
Tell the agent that you would love to be able to help them move into their lovely house early but as you don't want to live on the streets you would want them find an equivalent place at a lower rental. They would have to pay all your moving expenses, the first months rent and a slap up meal for the family at the best curry house in Perth.
Well said
Old Feb 9th 2007, 12:30 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

a bit peeved off task
Absolutely if you are in WA then they can't get you out before your 12 months are up unless you breach the terms of the lease in anyway. Presuming you have to move anyway tell them you are willing to move in May if a) you can find a suitable property and b) they pay your moving costs and up front rent/bond of anywhere you find.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 1:47 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

a bit peeved off task
We had a similar situation in 2005. We signed a 12 month lease on a place and then a month later (or less actually) the agent told us that the place had been sold and the new owners didn't want tenants.

We were due to receive our furniture from England in a few weeks time and decided that it was in OUR best interests to move out and be settled before our stuff arrived. So we told the agent that we would move out if we received notification IN WRITING that the owner would pay our moving costs, re-connection of phone, internet etc. We itemised everything and put it through to the agent and they had the owner sign to say he would pay it. We moved out, they paid for it all and to be honest, we ended up in a better place for about the same money anyway.

The bottom line is that you have a 12 month lease so you can make it difficult for them to take the place back but it is not impossible for them to regain posession in a court of law. We decided to take what we could from it rather than face that, even though technically we had the law on our side. Common sense has to prevail in the end.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

v moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nice
Smile Re: evicted ???????

Dito.

Hi whitby whaler just seen where you live my parents live just 20 miles from you and we are on our way next friday to visit the uk.
hows the weather? My parents live in Lingdale by the way.
Originally Posted by Whitby whaler
Well said
Old Feb 10th 2007, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

task is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nice

a bit peeved off task
cheers everyone for the advice we where going to give it till oct before deciding if we should stay and dont fancy packing up, then unpacking, then packing again in a couple of months.
lets see what happens
task
Old Feb 10th 2007, 7:56 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

a bit peeved off task
Tell them your prepared to move , if they will cover your moving costs to a new rental, other wise they have no way , lease is a lease ............ mm