Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

events conspiring against me

events conspiring against me

Old Nov 7th 2007, 2:27 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute
Default events conspiring against me

its not that i'm not paranoid or anything but circumstances really do look like there really against us at the moment :curse:

We cant sell the house even though plenty of people want to buy it but they cant sell theirs....
The housing market died the minute we put the house up for sale...
'Hips' was introduced the minute we went up for sale...
The exchange rate is crashing around my earholes ! ...
House prices are actually falling in the Uk for the first time in years!...
meanwhile property prices continue to rise in Aus
And now severn trent have even started to dig up the road causing massive traffic jams...great stuff when youre trying to sell the house :curse:...

Maybe i should just stay here,wouldnt half be a lot easier :curse::curse::curse:

Lee

Last edited by stuckinblighty; Nov 7th 2007 at 2:49 pm.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 2:41 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: events conspiring against me

oh yeah and i forgot to mention Northern Rock and ever increasing interest rates rises

rant over

lee
Old Nov 7th 2007, 2:41 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Can't say anything that will help, but sending your karma all the same!!

Ali x
Old Nov 7th 2007, 2:43 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL!!

it seems the same with us!

everything has started to go wrong just as we paid the agent!!

house is a state worse than originally thought
OH's boss is dragging his feet over the bloody reference
money isn't streaching far enough

i could go on.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
its not that i'm not paranoid or anything but circumstances really do look like there really against us at the moment :curse:

We cant sell the house even though plenty of people want to buy it but they cant sell theirs....
And they even started to dig up the road causing massive traffic jams...great stuff when youre trying to sell the house :curse:...

Maybe i should just stay here,wouldnt half be a lot easier :curse::curse::curse
Lee

Snap , but minus the HIPS and the road digging. Just get this weird feeling someone is trying to tell us something
Old Nov 7th 2007, 2:53 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

Originally Posted by TMRE
Snap , but minus the HIPS and the road digging. Just get this weird feeling someone is trying to tell us something
my thoughts exactly.If ever i needed reasons to stay in blighty i've got plenty to chose from.

Lee
Old Nov 7th 2007, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Speargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really nice

And now severn trent have even started to dig up the road causing massive traffic jams...great stuff when youre trying to sell the house :curse:...

Maybe i should just stay here,wouldnt half be a lot easier :curse::curse::curse:

Lee

Dont forget that activity is at an all time low, no first time buyers - havent seen one for nearly a year - investors that were buying to let have pulled out and are now selling oh and lets not forget a flood of repossessions...pulling prices down and lenders being very strict when lending now!! I know the feeling entirely...have you thought about letting it out? While you rent in Aus and then sell in a year or so - lettings is booming in the UK as noone wants to be buying with all the uncertainty! Good luck I think we ALL need it!
Old Nov 7th 2007, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

andy1961 is on a distinguished road

Hya
Were in a similar situation but remember the last line of the sky blue song(well fight till the game is won)lol

All the best Andy
Old Nov 7th 2007, 3:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

We're in exactly the same situation. Except in our case the council want to put in a new 1.5 metre wide pavement, (on a country lane??) and take all the lovely trees down.:curse::curse:

Plus my OH's contract runs out in Dec and he hasn't got another one yet. We were hoping to have the house sold and be in a cheap rental whilst we waited for the visa.

PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 7th 2007, 7:14 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

Originally Posted by andy1961
Hya
Were in a similar situation but remember the last line of the sky blue song(well fight till the game is won)lol

All the best Andy
oo ahhh 5th in the league
Old Nov 7th 2007, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

I have been feeling this way for a while.
This time last year we were on holiday in China, had a buyer for our house, and I had just been offered a job in Sydney. Two weeks later both fell through!!
Since then I have been applying for jobs and had one which strung me along for a fair bit (even asked for my references before deciding Aussies had applied so they would go with one of those), so we have decided to go as students.
House has been a nightmare to sell. We eventually found the buyer we have now, in MID AUGUST and it still hasn't gone through!! And that is at £10k less than the offer we had this time last year. Mortgage company is now asking for a quote for work from an electrician who did a report on the house, and we can't contact him!!
The course starts 4th of Feb and we can't even get excited until we KNOW we are going. I just can't help but wait for it all to fall through again!! And then we will be stuffed as it has taken us over a year and a half to sell the house as it is, let alone with the housing market like it is.
Oh and we are having to pay money our for the course, health insurance, to send the dog over, ect ect without knowing for sure it is happening.

So disheartening. I must admit to having a few crying sessions.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

nicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant future

Hi Lee,
Hang on in there! We sold our house recently and are now in rented till we move to Perth in Feb 2008! Drag them in off the streets and put the coffee machine on! Its got to be worth it

Nicky and Malc
Old Nov 7th 2007, 7:43 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Lee

Saw your post and thought "snap" then read that everyone else has written the same!!!

We have lost our buyer (well, he lost his actually, if I am to be technical about it) but we are now hopefully back on track and our new buyer seems to be in a position to proceed! hmmmm...

Anyway... just wanted to add that we are the same... but these things are sent to try us! I am now just trying to train my thoughts onto the "we shall look back at this one day and laugh!" level.... (and failing currently!)...

Em x
Old Nov 7th 2007, 7:50 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

Originally Posted by nicolamoon
Hi Lee,
Hang on in there! We sold our house recently and are now in rented till we move to Perth in Feb 2008! Drag them in off the streets and put the coffee machine on! Its got to be worth it

Nicky and Malc
ooo but we're not posh enough to own a coffee machine...will instant be ok ???

Hi Nicola btw

Lee
Old Nov 7th 2007, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

nicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant futurenicolamoon has a brilliant future

Hi again Lee,

Instant will be fine!And buy a bread maker,I'm sure my hubbies breadmaking skills and the luvly smell of it sold our house! Offer prospective buyers instant coffee and a warm bread roll, make sure you butter it with lurpak though

Nicky and Malc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.