Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

even more shipping charges!

even more shipping charges!

Old Aug 22nd 2009, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

maund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to all
Thumbs down even more shipping charges!

Has anyone else had an e mail from the quarantine people regarding your shipping container, we have had an email yesterday saying the outside of our container which has just passed through quarantine is dirty. They now want us to pay $220 to have it jet washed other wise they will not release our goods.

This is on top of all the other charges you have to pay to have the goods inspected.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 1:48 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: even more shipping charges!

Originally Posted by maund family
Has anyone else had an e mail from the quarantine people regarding your shipping container, we have had an email yesterday saying the outside of our container which has just passed through quarantine is dirty. They now want us to pay $220 to have it jet washed other wise they will not release our goods.

This is on top of all the other charges you have to pay to have the goods inspected.
This is why.
http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/import/c...rnal-standards

I would try and hit the company who hired the container on your behalf, .....mm
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

claretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the rough

$970.00 was the first request for import charges and $458.70 yesterday for customs disbursement charges. No idea what this is for but have to pay it anyway.
We paid £15.00 into a collective pot to avoid paying for the container to be cleaned so at least we avoid that cost aswell.
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 9:29 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

John Mason charge £15 you pay into a pot to avoid any cleaning charges Crown also included this charge in our quote others didn't even mention it!
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light

The more I read about the container costs and charges the more I question is it worth it. Can I buy all the essentials in Australia for less and just send boxes? Having sleepless nights pondering this question already
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 10:17 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by garyp
The more I read about the container costs and charges the more I question is it worth it. Can I buy all the essentials in Australia for less and just send boxes? Having sleepless nights pondering this question already
Dont worry about it honestly. Just make sure you get a quote that includes EVERYTHING!!!!!! The only company we found did that was Crown altho if you ask other companies they will send you a revised quote. Crown did it right from the start so we used them The only thing Crown dont quote & include is the charges if they find anything they need to destroy or spray..... So just make sure everything is clean
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 10:27 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

The whole thing is a pain, but a necessary pain.. I have moved all my stuff over (we did the whole shipping thing ourselves as we had our stuff in storgage for a year) but now i have all my bits and pieces in Australia I love it.. also I found that the things that I owned I couldnt replace and that I just preferred my own stuff.

We didnt have many breakages and no hassles with customs.. suppose it is just luck of the drawer at the end of the day..

Em x
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

We had a quote for shipping from John Mason last week and didn't believe the story we were told about the £15. It seemed too far fetched but we were obviously wrong!!

Charlie