Etihad flights

Old Aug 5th 2008, 1:43 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of
Default Etihad flights

Their price is good and flight times ok - could anyone who's any experience of them give me a heads up please.

Thanks

Carolyn
Old Aug 5th 2008, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Potato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Etihad flights

Originally Posted by flip
Their price is good and flight times ok - could anyone who's any experience of them give me a heads up please.

Thanks

Carolyn
Probably safer than Qantas at the moment.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

You could say the same for Ronald Weasley's flying car!
Old Aug 5th 2008, 2:15 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

If you are spending any time in transit at Abu Dhabi (Etihads hub) do yourself a favour and book into the AL GHAZAL lounge there beforehand. Showers and wi-fi, TVs and free booze. Otherwise a stay of a few hours I think might be torturous.

Otherwise they are a decent airline and better than some.

One place you can book it is here but thats only from an internet search, I use a card member program to get me into these sorts of lounges.

http://www.loungepass.com/index.cfm?...e_code=AUH1ADA
Old Aug 5th 2008, 3:43 am
Just Joined

yvonne-mick is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks

Carolyn
We came over with them and thought they were very good, much better than some of the others we have flown with. my daughter booked to come over with them in december.
Yvonne.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 5:12 am
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of

my mom used them when she flew out here from NCL - both ways and was very happy with them.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 9:02 am
Just Joined

L10ness is an unknown quantity at this point

As a matter of interest, does anyone know if Etihad offers extra baggage allowance? Qantas is the only one at the moment that offers 40kg if immigrating, and as we are all a bit nervous about Qantas, am looking for another airline that would be willing to help us with that. If not, it looks like Qantas for us. Hoping to fly out mid September, so hopefully they would have sorted out all their little "problems" by then
Old Aug 5th 2008, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

viksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant futureviksta1000 has a brilliant future

Etihad are an excellent airline
clean and new planes (with it being a new airline), staff are helpful

Abu Dhabi airport is amazing.
Here are some links that may interest you

http://www.airlinequality.com/Airlines/EY.htm
http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/etihad.htm
http://www.abudhabiairport.ae/

Hope this helps
Vik
Old Aug 5th 2008, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

methven is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, any idea where I can get seat maps for their aircraft? Their own website does not currently have them and www.seatguru.com doesn't cover Etihad.

Cheers,

Methven
Old Aug 5th 2008, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

nicgrace will become famous soon enoughnicgrace will become famous soon enough

We have just booked tickets flying out on Xmas Day......I believe they are supposed to be really good, bigger seats, better meals etc compared to some of the others!

Fingers crossed

Old Aug 5th 2008, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to all

There was a thread on them not long ago,entitled something like Etihad "worst customer service ever" cant remember how they came out on that but do a search and i'm sure you'll find it.
I read somewhere that Etihad were voted in the top 10 long haul airlines and quite near the top if i remember rightly(could even have been on the thread i'm talkng about!)
Sunbound
Old Aug 5th 2008, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

leigh-c will become famous soon enough

Thanks

Carolyn
hi carolyn iv flown with them twice now an found them very good more comfy, friendly staff etc etc. an im flyin wit them again in sep, so for me its thumbs up
Old Aug 5th 2008, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

Helen Randle is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Etihad flights

Sorry but I had quite a rubbish experience with them! Went with them for price but was V. disappointed compared to malaysian, JAL, emirates and cathay.
Went with 2 young children and I had heard that airlines tend to be good with kids on long haul flights esp. Singapore but I could not afford them. The stewardesses completely ignored my kids, they were extremely well behaved so did not cause any problems. They NEVER answered the call bells and had to leave my children to go and FIND someone for some water! Arm rests were stuck so kids couldn't snuggle against me!
Just generally felt like 2nd class citizens compared to great service on other airlines!
Abu Dhabi airport was awful, toilet floors covered in urine, no where to sit with kids.
Bad expereince all round!
Sorry to be negative but wish I had this info prior to booking!
To top it all off i left my new ipod speakers on the plane - not their fault but were unhelpful!!
Will be going on Singapore Airbus in Jan!! can't wait!!
Helen
Old Aug 5th 2008, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Helen Randle
Sorry but I had quite a rubbish experience with them! Went with them for price but was V. disappointed compared to malaysian, JAL, emirates and cathay.
Went with 2 young children and I had heard that airlines tend to be good with kids on long haul flights esp. Singapore but I could not afford them. The stewardesses completely ignored my kids, they were extremely well behaved so did not cause any problems. They NEVER answered the call bells and had to leave my children to go and FIND someone for some water! Arm rests were stuck so kids couldn't snuggle against me!
Just generally felt like 2nd class citizens compared to great service on other airlines!
Abu Dhabi airport was awful, toilet floors covered in urine, no where to sit with kids.
Bad expereince all round!
Sorry to be negative but wish I had this info prior to booking!
To top it all off i left my new ipod speakers on the plane - not their fault but were unhelpful!!
Will be going on Singapore Airbus in Jan!! can't wait!!
Helen
Hi,

We checked to fly with them next April return 2 & 2 and it was EUR10,000 Checked with Singapore airlines and it was under EUR5,000 return
Old Aug 5th 2008, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

nicgrace will become famous soon enoughnicgrace will become famous soon enough

Awww no what a terrible experience...I really hope the flight is better at Xmas! I am praying the flight is quiet so we can spread out and sleep....not much good if the arms rests stick.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.