Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ethiad/V Australia question

Ethiad/V Australia question

Old Mar 23rd 2011, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

kronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant future
Default Ethiad/V Australia question

Hi

Just have a quick question about Ethiad flights. I know they've partnered up with V Australia fairly recently.

I'm looking at flights from London to Sydney at the moment and on their website its coming up that the flight leg would be:

London - Abu Dhabi (flight with Ethiad, A340)
Abu Dhabi - Sydney (flight with V Australia, 777)

Phoned up V Australia as I wanted to see if there is additional stop from Abu Dhabi - Sydney. They said no which I'm not 100% whether this is the answer. Customer Rep said that it will fly straight from Abu Dhabi to Sydney and be a direct flight again on return journey.

Anyone had any experience of either airline and confirm whether it is direct flight?

Many thanks
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 7:10 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ethiad/V Australia question

Originally Posted by kronk
Customer Rep said that it will fly straight from Abu Dhabi to Sydney and be a direct flight again on return journey.

Anyone had any experience of either airline and confirm whether it is direct flight?
The flight is non-stop.

A 'direct flight' can actually have stops, it just means it keeps the same flight number all the way through. So a Qantas flight from London to Sydney via Singapore is technically a direct flight.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

kronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bcworld
The flight is non-stop.

A 'direct flight' can actually have stops, it just means it keeps the same flight number all the way through. So a Qantas flight from London to Sydney via Singapore is technically a direct flight.
but the flight from Abu Dhabi to Sydney is non stop ie. its not going to stop in Singapore or something? I thought it was only the airbus that could go non stop from say dubai/abu dhabi to oz.

It just made me unsure as when I was also looking at Emirate flights, for their leg that wasn't the airbus, they stopped in either Singapore or Bangkok on way to Sydney.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 8:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point

Flight is direct, non-stop and about 14 hours long.

Have done the Abu-Dhabi to Melbourne route a few times, and its ok......boring, but fine.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ValeSpark
Flight is direct, non-stop and about 14 hours long.

Have done the Abu-Dhabi to Melbourne route a few times, and its ok......boring, but fine.
excellent, many thanks to you both for your input
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 10:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

excellent, many thanks to you both for your input
Yes, it's definitely direct, with no stops. I used them in November when I went back for a visit.

Was really happy with them too, pretty painless for a long haul flight!
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 11:31 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

but the flight from Abu Dhabi to Sydney is non stop ie. its not going to stop in Singapore or something? I thought it was only the airbus that could go non stop from say dubai/abu dhabi to oz.

It just made me unsure as when I was also looking at Emirate flights, for their leg that wasn't the airbus, they stopped in either Singapore or Bangkok on way to Sydney.
Emirates uses a similar 777 for non-stop flights from Melb - Dubai.

A type of 777 is actually the current longest range airliner.

I've heard good things about V Australia...although as they have relatively few aircraft when things go wrong, they really go wrong! My OH ended up with a 24 hours delay on V and it was all handled really poorly, and in the end they couldn't comment on V because they got put on a charter airline instead.

Hopefully the codeshare with EY makes that sort of situation a bit less likely!
Old Mar 24th 2011, 12:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

Folks took the flight three weeks ago and I can confirm it's direct.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Love V Australia...am going SYD-MAN next week V & Etihad, no stops other than change planes.