estate agents

Old Jul 4th 2003, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default estate agents

Hello

Just wondered what everyone was paying in commission to their estate agents for sole agency. Mine are based in Essex.
Old Jul 4th 2003, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all
Default Re: estate agents

hi debsy, we are also headed to the gold coast in september. we are going to pay 1% for sole agent, quoted as much as 2.5% by others.
karen
Old Jul 4th 2003, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Lincolnshire 1% and you?
Whisky
Old Jul 4th 2003, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

1% fee in Lincolnshire too.
Sold within the week !!
Old Jul 4th 2003, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rossi
1% fee in Lincolnshire too.
Sold within the week !!

Lucky devil!!! When are you going?

Whisky
Old Jul 4th 2003, 9:45 pm

silvervfr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by debsy
Hello

Just wondered what everyone was paying in commission to their estate agents for sole agency. Mine are based in Essex.

1% in Bournemouth! I've been trying to sell it myself but it hasn't worked

Nick
Old Jul 5th 2003, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi debsy

We are in Southend, Essex and we are paying 1.25%-1.5%.
That is sole agency but we are thinking of changing. Our property has been on the market for approx 8 weeks had an offer but they pulled out after 6 weeks because they didn't have the funds So we have only had 3 people look.

Some of the estate agents are a bit more expensive but they are tied in with others so you get more viewers, hopefully.

Cheers

Karen
Old Jul 5th 2003, 8:08 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

1% surrey - normal price 1.5% but they are always ready to barter.

If you change go to a small independent - they HAVE to put lots of work in as this is their only advertisement. They do not have a fall back site of a large company.

The first 8 weeks are the important ones if it has not sold in that time change or change the price etc.
Old Jul 5th 2003, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by karen and andy
Hi debsy

We are in Southend, Essex and we are paying 1.25%-1.5%.
That is sole agency but we are thinking of changing. Our property has been on the market for approx 8 weeks had an offer but they pulled out after 6 weeks because they didn't have the funds So we have only had 3 people look.

Some of the estate agents are a bit more expensive but they are tied in with others so you get more viewers, hopefully.

Cheers

Karen
Mine is offering 1.75 for 12 weeks when I objected to this they said 1.5 for 8 weeks they are in the basildon area (my hous eis in langdon hills)
Old Jul 5th 2003, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by whisky
Lucky devil!!! When are you going?

Whisky
Dont know yet.
Old Jul 5th 2003, 9:14 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Two different agencys for 2 houses and both at 1% in York.

Jo
Old Jul 5th 2003, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

philj6969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Our agent is charging 1.75%, in Crawley West Sussex, otherwise known as Gatwick Airport.
Contrary to my prior postings I am going on the market before I get my PR. Havent even had the skills submitted yet. We might have to live at the in-laws for a few months, but it will be nice knowing the money is in the bank and the interest is flowing in the right direction for once.

Phil.
Old Jul 5th 2003, 10:48 am
Bubble blowing member

ohsohopeful is an unknown quantity at this point

We've got a 1% for sole agency in Poole, Dorset but aren't too happy with progress so far. Considering either dropping our price or amending contract to dual agency, which will be around 2%.
Old Jul 6th 2003, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

sue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nice

Originally posted by debsy
Hello

Hi, you dont need to pay anymore than 1% these days, best to have about 3 estate agent round and haggle with them on fees they will all come down because they need you more than you need them , I know because I work for mann&co, and they charge as much as 2% and they are crap ive had my house on with them since feb and still not sold so we are changing agents, they dont like the idea of me using another agent and working for them but we need to sell , as we need to be in perth by oct.
You are proberly best to choose a smaller agent because you will get a better service, good luck
sue&bob
Old Jul 6th 2003, 7:20 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

We are in Oxfordshire and agents really vary between 1% and 2.5%. Our last agent was 1.75%, but we wern't happy so we swapped on thursday. The new one is 2% but we said we will only pay that if they sell our house in four weeks, if not they get 1.5%. We have had 6 viewings over the weekend, so fingers crossed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.