Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

estate agent fees???

estate agent fees???

Old Feb 3rd 2004, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

delboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default estate agent fees???

hi there im curious to see just how low will they go ?
We have our house on the market at moment ,been on for 12 weeks and have had a good interest 2 offers but not quiet enough,we were paying estate agents 1.2.5% and now have got them down to 1% as we r due to renew contracts.
We did however see what other agents would offer and they all seem to go to 1% ,can i ask what anyone else is experiencing would love to see we live in hertfordshire area. bye for now delboys wife allison
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Good post.
This is the time of year that houses begin to sell.
The gardens start to look a bit tidier and the evenings are getting longer.
Most of the estate agent round this way charge 2 or 2.5%.

Might even consider a bit of private advertising.

Anyone out there looking at purchasing a lovely victorian house, with a MASSIVE loft conversion (for a stroppy teenager) ,then contact.........................
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Muzzman is an unknown quantity at this point

We spoke to a couple of Agents yesterday (they are coming to value next Monday). All spoke of 1% but they were all open to negotiate, with the possibility of agreeing a fixed price.

Muzzman
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Muzzman
We spoke to a couple of Agents yesterday (they are coming to value next Monday). All spoke of 1% but they were all open to negotiate, with the possibility of agreeing a fixed price.

Muzzman
We had four different agents around last week, prices came in a 1 @ 1.25%, 1 @ 1% and 2 @ .75%, then today a letter form the one offering 1% to undercut my cheepest offer. I already knew who I was gonna use but was interested to see how things would work out - the good news for me is that they all think I'll get my price

Regards

Scot