Reload this Page >

Escaping the rain

Escaping the rain

Old Oct 21st 2004, 6:42 pm
Cotswolds to Perth

Fremantleraider will become famous soon enough
Default Escaping the rain

Hello all!
I am moving out to Perth/Freo area from the Uk to live and i was wondering how easy it is to get a bank account and this tax file number thingy.
Oh i am comming out at the start of December and i was wondering if anyone wants any little bit of England brought out for em?

Thanks all
Old Oct 21st 2004, 11:13 pm
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Escaping the rain

Originally Posted by Fremantleraider
Hello all!
I am moving out to Perth/Freo area from the Uk to live and i was wondering how easy it is to get a bank account and this tax file number thingy.
Oh i am comming out at the start of December and i was wondering if anyone wants any little bit of England brought out for em?

Thanks all
A suitcasefull of rain.
Old Oct 21st 2004, 11:18 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all!
I am moving out to Perth/Freo area from the Uk to live and i was wondering how easy it is to get a bank account
http://www.migrantbanking.co.uk

and this tax file number thingy.
Visit an ATO office when you arrive, http://www.ato.gov.au

Jeremy
Old Oct 21st 2004, 11:19 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all!

Thanks all
Everyone is crying out for rain here. Brings loads.
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

John Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bondipom
Everyone is crying out for rain here. Brings loads.

No more rain, its been raining here all week. I know we need the rain but not all in one week....
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 1:32 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by John Howard
No more rain, its been raining here all week. I know we need the rain but not all in one week....
As long as it goes by the weekend.
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 1:55 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

been raining most of the week here in sunny Brisbane lovely jubbley.. today it's all sunny again - B8gger, b*gger b*llxs to quote

Best time for rain is the weekends.. not many people out in it, the beaches and bay is so quiet when it pours down.. ahh lovely. It's about the only time on the weekend you can have an area to yourself when it pours down... peaceful
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 1:58 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

He's coming to Perth, so yeah, bring the rain!!!!!!!!!!!

It's rained here a bit, but not nearly enough as it should!!

Though apparently the east coast needs it more, cos they have a real drought. Will affect the whole economy maybe.
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 2:06 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

There is a lot of mis information about the water situation in Perth, much of it put about by the Water Corporation.

There is 1000 cubic kilometers of water under WA but it would cost more to pump it up than getting it from the dams, hence the water shortage myth.

read more here: http://www.viacorp.com/perth_water.htm
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 3:03 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Simone
He's coming to Perth, so yeah, bring the rain!!!!!!!!!!!

It's rained here a bit, but not nearly enough as it should!!

Though apparently the east coast needs it more, cos they have a real drought. Will affect the whole economy maybe.
Question! Did you sleep through thunder, lightening and bag fulls of rain on Wednesday night?????? I was awake until at least 2 it was that heavy, or are you in Perth Scottland???

Jenny, happier now the suns back out and a decent nights sleep
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 3:29 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jensteve
Question! Did you sleep through thunder, lightening and bag fulls of rain on Wednesday night?????? I was awake until at least 2 it was that heavy, or are you in Perth Scottland???

Jenny, happier now the suns back out and a decent nights sleep
I heard some before I went to bed, and then slept through the rest!

One nights rain isn't enough! And it was only a few mm in Perth anyway (about more around Perth apparently though)

Renth, haven't read the link yet, will do.
I believe it, but point is, still not much rainfull. I mean, grass is brown, and it's just been winter!
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

mrladyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Simone
I heard some before I went to bed, and then slept through the rest!

One nights rain isn't enough! And it was only a few mm in Perth anyway (about more around Perth apparently though)

Renth, haven't read the link yet, will do.
I believe it, but point is, still not much rainfull. I mean, grass is brown, and it's just been winter!

Talk about hijacking a thread... the poor guy asked about bank accounts!

If you have an Aus address, a passport with a visa in it and a couple of thousand dollars, you'll get an account easily. In fact, we only had a ETA when we opened ours (using my cousin's address where we were staying on holiday).

TFN - can do it online but must be in the country. Only takes a few days to arrive.

I'll go back to looking out the office windows at the rain now...
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 5:21 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrladyboy
Talk about hijacking a thread... the poor guy asked about bank accounts!
He shouldn't have called it "Escaping the rain" then...
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 6:01 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
He shouldn't have called it "Escaping the rain" then...

Agreed, that's just provocative to those of us waiting for bush fires to destroy all our belongings. How your view of rain changes once you've lived in Oz for a bit.
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 11:13 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

The problem is that no Government has the balls to fix the water shortage problem. There are solutions, sure they cost money, or piss off big business, but I dont give a shit. Just do it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.