Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

erm....oooops where did they go??!

Wikiposts

erm....oooops where did they go??!

Old Jun 10th 2004, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice
Post erm....oooops where did they go??!

Crikey, it's been an action packed day today in Perth!phew, it's just like being back in Leeds!!

When I went to pick my little boy up from school today the whole school was in "lock down" mode!! which is good from the children's protective point of view, but a little close to home for comfort!!

http://www.abc.net.au/wa/news/200406/s1129381.htm

5 of them are still at large (up to me watching the last news) but they've picked a crap day to make a run for it...it's been monsooning it down for all of this evening!!!

And remember...don't have nightmares!

love sophia xx
Old Jun 10th 2004, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

thebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: erm....oooops where did they go??!

Originally posted by sophia
Crikey, it's been an action packed day today in Perth!phew, it's just like being back in Leeds!!

When I went to pick my little boy up from school today the whole school was in "lock down" mode!! which is good from the children's protective point of view, but a little close to home for comfort!!

5 of them are still at large (up to me watching the last news) but they've picked a crap day to make a run for it...it's been monsooning it down for all of this evening!!!

love sophia xx

Blimey love keep the doors locked !!!

s**t havent rung me mum today
hope that they arnt camped out in her back garden!!:scared:
i might just give her a quick call

love michelle
Old Jun 10th 2004, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

Ah she'll be right....as they so often tell me here!!

I always lock my doors anyway, just habit from living in the UK i guess, but it's truly astonishing how slack some people's security is here...my "sister" is forever leaving her car doors unlocked in the carpark at the supermarket....and her back door is open all night (she does lock the fly screen door...but still!):scared:

I reckon the cold and the rain will get too much for them and they'll just hand themselves in!!

love sophia x
Old Jun 10th 2004, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, quite a bit of drama from watching on the news.
I agree, last nights weather was atrocious.

Whisky
Old Jun 10th 2004, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Soph i hope the buggers suffered out there last night
I see from the news one of them is a viscious child attacker, christ i hope they get him, to many of them on the lose as it is.
They found the car in Banskia, where is that?
Joanne
Old Jun 10th 2004, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Near Marangaroo I think Jo (well thats the version I heard)

Its like something off the telly really, heads will roll for this no doubt.
Old Jun 10th 2004, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Is that North of Perth? They thought they had been spotted in Rockingham on the news last night.

Whisky
Old Jun 10th 2004, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Crikey they are getting about a bit then arent they in a short space of time.
Has anyone heard about the motorcycle crash in Hillarys last night, im trying to find out if the person was ok, it was bad.
Joanne
Old Jun 10th 2004, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Yes thats what I thought, south of the river but the news this morning said car found at a shopping centre at marangaroo.

No Jo, didnt hear about the bike accident, was it near you?
Didnt know criminal was a child attacker either - I thought they were just "harmless" armed robbers :scared:
Old Jun 10th 2004, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Came back from Tafe last night went to turn right off Marmion into Flinders and god there was stuff everywhere, cars people, it was raining dark and windy . There was police there and i could see a what was left of a Motorbike and someone knelt by someone covered. Of course i couldnt turn so i had to try and manavour back out onto marmion, it really looked terrible and it upset me, just wanted to know if they where ok.
Old Jun 10th 2004, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Awful - when the weather turns bad here, the roads just go to pot.
Old Jun 10th 2004, 5:33 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: erm....oooops where did they go??!

love sophia xx
Yep...saw that on the box last night. All viewed from the safety of a news channel helicopter camera.
Old Jun 12th 2004, 4:58 am
BE Enthusiast

well I'm pleased to be able to tell you that they've managed to recapture another 2 of the 9 that escaped the other day...so that means 3 are still at large!

I noticed Jo that they haven't mentioned wether they've caught the nonse that managed to escape...I hope they've caught him!

I also heard that there were only 3 guards watching 9 prisoners...er it doesn't take a genius to work out the math there does it!! DOH!! Honestly, I love living here but they are like the bloody keystone cops...Erm would you mind just watching yourselves for a bit while we have a tea break...some minister bird has said she's gonna put extra armed guards on at the court house...HELLO things you should have already been doing perhaps??!!!

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=10087

Someone told me that one of the escapees actually got into the back of someones car...he turned around and hit the bloke so he ran off on foot!!!LOL now that's funny!!

And on the news coverage the guy that "deployed" the stinger at one of the cars just threw it at the side of the car...I think they should have at least put them on a training course in how to correctly deploy stingers!!

Anyway, lets hope they catch them soon hey!

love sophia x

PS, what's the news on the motorbike accident you saw Jo?

PPS, I know this isn't a funny situation really, but honestly I'm astonished at the levels of incompetence and this is just how I'm venting!
Old Jun 12th 2004, 5:07 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

PPS, I know this isn't a funny situation really, but honestly I'm astonished at the levels of incompetence and this is just how I'm venting!
I keep laughing to, cos it sounds so unbelievable!! Never experienced something like this, I live in a very quiet part of Holland!!

But of course, it's terrible! They must be pretty dangerous, if they put out all those warnings!!
Hope they catch the last ones in the next 5 weeks!

I'd think they'd be across the Nullabor by now....
Old Jun 12th 2004, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Couldn't have put it better myself Sophia. Keystone Cops.

Yet they will all hide behind bushes for hours on end to catch some poor unsuspecting folk for doing a couple of klms an hour extra.

They should be banned from the bushes

Whisky

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.