Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

epipens and vacation care? Gold Coast

epipens and vacation care? Gold Coast

Old Jan 19th 2007, 10:38 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute
Default epipens and vacation care? Gold Coast

Our daughter is allergic to bees and both times she has been stung she has had a moderate to severe anaphalactic shock, so everywhere she goes she must have an epipen with her. For the last year she has travelled to pre school on a bus provided by kindy, however this is no longer allowed. The transport governors are now saying children with epipens must have a min of 2 adults on the bus. It can no longer just be the driver as if the epipen need to be administered this will put the other children at risk. But the ruling also states that there is only need for 2 adults if there are more than 10 kids on the bus. I've cut my hours down at work so I can now take her to school in the mornings, hubby is able to pick her up anyway so no problem there. The problem we may have now is vacation care. She can still go to her current kindy but would miss out on the daily trips if there's less than 10 kids, and I don't want to just leave her in the pre school room and miss out. So my question is...does anyone know of anywhere that provides vacation care in a building that doesn't have daily trips (maybe some sort of leisure centre) or is there a busy vacation care place where there would be more than 10 kids on a daily basis. I know there's heaps of time til the next school vacation but I'm going to start contacting places asap. Her school doesn't provide vacation care, I'd already thought of that one. I'm not too concerned where it's located but close to home (Oxenford) or work (Runway Bay) would obviously be a bonus.
Thanks
Marie