EOI - Nz

Old Apr 11th 2004, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

viper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EOI - Nz

hello all,

Any idea as of how the EOI(Expression of interest) thing works?. I have submitted it. What next ?

R
Old Apr 11th 2004, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

evelynne_r is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Viper,

Not sure how many points you have, but basically what happens is, every two weeks NZIS decides how many they want to select that fortnight (very few given that they've used up most of their allocation of places until July...) and set the selection point accordingly.

If your points are equal to or more than the selection point they do some preliminary verification and if that checks out, issue you with an Invitation to Apply. You then submit your full documentation, police checks and medicals and all being well are issued with your PR visa.

Are you in NZ? Do you have a job offer? You should be aware that the last few draws have been at 195, 185, 185 and 180 points, and that NZIS is anticipating that of the 3000 odd EOIs submitted at the opening of the new scheme, around 2/3 will be lapsed without ever getting selected. Personally, I'm here in NZ, have been here for over a year, in a permanent job and am still struggling to make headway.

Good luck

Evelynne
Old Apr 12th 2004, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

Red face

Hi evelynne,

I just managed to get 115. I'm an IT guy with quals. Well no I'm not in Nz. It would be my pleassure if i could head to nz for employement.
Would you be able to tell me how to get in to Nz for working atleast.
Still do you think i would stand a chance with the EOI?
Thanks
Old Apr 12th 2004, 4:19 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

If you get a job offer and work in an area other than auckland you will gain even more points and be much more likely to be pulled out of the pool.

Last edited by sky; Apr 12th 2004 at 4:25 am.
Old Apr 12th 2004, 4:25 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

If it was possible for you to come to nz for a visit you might find it easier to gain a job in your line of work, nzlanders seem to really admire you if you just call in and ask if they have any available jobs. Or you could try over the internet by emailing companies in the online nz yellow pages, thats how my bricky hubby got a job and how I got a job interview at the local hospital
Old Apr 12th 2004, 8:43 am
Adios UK, I'm in ChCh, NZ

DMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Viper, if you're in IT, you should make immediate contact with ITANZ. Information Technology Association of NZ.

http://www.itanz.org.nz

Get yourself familiar with their entire website, especially the part concerning immigration and letter of support.
"To apply for a letter of support you must first hold a job or job offer in New Zealand."

What area of IT are you in, give me some detail and I'll try and help you out. I've been in Christchurch 3 months now, I'm in IT running a NZ operation for an AUS company managing the distribution and supply of all HP and Compaq spare parts for NZ.
I didn't need to use the ITANZ angle as I got in on a "specific work permit" as I had a job offer, and the business plan "added value to NZ".

Try these below.....

IT RECRUITMENT

Absolute IT www.absoluteit.co.nz

ElanIT www.elanit.co.nz

ITCRA - Information Technology Contract & Recruitment Association www.itcra.com

Spherion www.spherion.com

Working in New Zealand www.workingin-newzealand.com

Give me some more detail please of your area of expertise, check out ITANZ, look into "specific work permit" and keep dreaming.
Old Apr 12th 2004, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Dman,

Thanks for the support. Well I'm a Systems and network engineer. I do Solaris/Linux mainly and occatinally do a bit of AIX also. I have a strong focus on systems and network security where i have implemented firewalls on linux including a DMZ.
I'm a member of the BCS(MBCS) and still an associate member of the Nz computer society(AMNZCS). If it has some value i would get it upgraded to a member. What do U think.
I have completed my sun certification on Solaris systems admin few years back and planning to do the netadmin exam next month. I attempted the RHCE(Redhat Certification) once and failed marginally.
I graduated from London Guildhall uni which is now known as London metropolitan uni.
Thanks and regards
Old Apr 12th 2004, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hi DMAN,

I forgot to quote. I got my skills assesed by NZQA. I fall in to the category B and category B and level 7level 7 .
Any chances of my survival..... LOL