Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Entry Report Form

Entry Report Form

Old Jan 20th 2013, 3:47 am
Forum Regular

blackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of light
Default Entry Report Form

Has anyone moved into a place and found it to be way off the quality of what has been written on an entry report form. Its just we moved into our new place, there are loads of problems that have not been documented on the entry report form. Its quite dirty, unclean in parts. I have documented everything and took some pictures just to paint a picture. The document is three pages long, (A4), also 40 pictures. I have just written on the entry report form "see attached sheet" on every item. I am going to present this to the agent. What happens if there is a disagreement. We have done some cleaning, but most of it is still there to be seen. But it took me eight hours to document it all. It will take a few hours to go over it with the agent. We really cleaned our old place to a spotless standard, just feel we have to do it all again on our new place. What happens if they do not accept the reportings. Thanks
Old Jan 20th 2013, 4:25 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Entry Report Form

Originally Posted by blackcab
Has anyone moved into a place and found it to be way off the quality of what has been written on an entry report form. Its just we moved into our new place, there are loads of problems that have not been documented on the entry report form. Its quite dirty, unclean in parts. I have documented everything and took some pictures just to paint a picture. The document is three pages long, (A4), also 40 pictures. I have just written on the entry report form "see attached sheet" on every item. I am going to present this to the agent. What happens if there is a disagreement. We have done some cleaning, but most of it is still there to be seen. But it took me eight hours to document it all. It will take a few hours to go over it with the agent. We really cleaned our old place to a spotless standard, just feel we have to do it all again on our new place. What happens if they do not accept the reportings. Thanks
They will accept them

You are usually given a few days to discover these items, and as it appears you have just moved in on Friday it is perfectly reasonale to expect Monday for the agents to receive the form back from you with amendments.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

blackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RedDragon2008
They will accept them

You are usually given a few days to discover these items, and as it appears you have just moved in on Friday it is perfectly reasonale to expect Monday for the agents to receive the form back from you with amendments.
Cheers, but what i do not understand, why did they not pick up my points on the previous tenants exit report? It was only inspected two weeks ago, yet they got all their bond back, its left in a dirty state in certain areas? Whats the point of a bond, the agents seem to act like they are not to strict?
Old Jan 20th 2013, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers, but what i do not understand, why did they not pick up my points on the previous tenants exit report? It was only inspected two weeks ago, yet they got all their bond back, its left in a dirty state in certain areas? Whats the point of a bond, the agents seem to act like they are not to strict?
Just dont rely on them not to be strict when you move out.

Better to be through in the entry than back pedal at exit.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RedDragon2008
Just dont rely on them not to be strict when you move out.

Better to be through in the entry than back pedal at exit.
I know, i totally agreee, its why i spent 8 hours completeing a thorough check. There are so many points to pick up on. It worried me. I just cannot believe the way the renting industry out here works. I think sometimes its personal.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 9:30 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

How do you know the previous tenants got all their bond back?
Old Jan 20th 2013, 9:51 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Keep a copy of everything, and as I said before on another thread, if there are any dramas, contact the RTA.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 9:52 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

I know, i totally agreee, its why i spent 8 hours completeing a thorough check. There are so many points to pick up on. It worried me. I just cannot believe the way the renting industry out here works. I think sometimes its personal.
Not personal, it is just real estate agents are, and always will be, sometimes lazy.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I asked.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

Dorothy, interesting, it would seem things have changed? I mistakenly opened a letter addressed to the previous tenants, its was from the RTA. Now lets not forget, these tenants moved out four weeks ago, and at the time the exit report was completed and no problems. But this letter shows a $1200.00 dollar claim has NOW been made on their bond. Funny that hey, since my entry report was handed in. At a guess, they looked at my entry report, and pictures cannot lie, seen it did not marry up to their own copy of the entry report, seen it could not marry up with the previous tenants exit report, and so have decided to make a claim on the previous tenants bond.

Now here i need some advice, my entry report was handed in within the three day timeline. I had nothing to add on the paper copy apart from see the additional electronic copy submited via email. There were far too many problems to hand write. They still have not submitted a signed copy back to me. It's been three weeks. By law they should have returned a signed copy within fourteen days.I have asked twice, but still nothing.What would you do, i copied myself and my partner in on the submitted additional report email, so i have my own electronic copy, date stamped etc. Would you let it ride for a while, are they waiting to see if they get their $1200.00 bucks of the previous tenant. Not really my problem there? Would you submit a form 11 breach of tenancy? Any advice most welcome. Anyone been through a similar situation.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 4:00 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

See post 7
Old Feb 12th 2013, 6:50 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

See post 7
+1 Especially as the RTA appear to be already aware of issues with that property.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

But if the agent ignores requests for a signed copy returned to you, what would you do?

1) Let it ride, have enough evidence on entry to cover any losses on exit.
2) Submit a Breach of Tenancy form 11.
3) Raise a dispute with the RTA.
4) Go intot he office, demsand to see the Director and ask why has the tenacy law been broken. As your PM has not followed the rules?

Thoughts.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 12:18 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

But if the agent ignores requests for a signed copy returned to you, what would you do?

1) Let it ride, have enough evidence on entry to cover any losses on exit.
2) Submit a Breach of Tenancy form 11.
3) Raise a dispute with the RTA.
4) Go intot he office, demsand to see the Director and ask why has the tenacy law been broken. As your PM has not followed the rules?

Thoughts.
I would speak to the RTA, thats what they are there for. If they then advise you have to carry out some of the other steps before they become involved, so be it, but at least you will know where you stand legally.

If you let it ride you risk trouble when leaving
If you submit a Breach from straightaway you may be starting a legal process you don't need
If you go into the office and get heavy probably all you will get is bad feeling all round and a bad reputation
Old Feb 12th 2013, 3:06 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Dorothy, interesting, it would seem things have changed? I mistakenly opened a letter addressed to the previous tenants, its was from the RTA. Now lets not forget, these tenants moved out four weeks ago, and at the time the exit report was completed and no problems. But this letter shows a $1200.00 dollar claim has NOW been made on their bond. Funny that hey, since my entry report was handed in. At a guess, they looked at my entry report, and pictures cannot lie, seen it did not marry up to their own copy of the entry report, seen it could not marry up with the previous tenants exit report, and so have decided to make a claim on the previous tenants bond.

Now here i need some advice, my entry report was handed in within the three day timeline. I had nothing to add on the paper copy apart from see the additional electronic copy submited via email. There were far too many problems to hand write. They still have not submitted a signed copy back to me. It's been three weeks. By law they should have returned a signed copy within fourteen days.I have asked twice, but still nothing.What would you do, i copied myself and my partner in on the submitted additional report email, so i have my own electronic copy, date stamped etc. Would you let it ride for a while, are they waiting to see if they get their $1200.00 bucks of the previous tenant. Not really my problem there? Would you submit a form 11 breach of tenancy? Any advice most welcome. Anyone been through a similar situation.
If the real estate agent have indeed already returned the previous tenant's bond to them, they have buckley's of getting it back. Nor should they.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.