Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Entitlements/Concessions on Aged CPV

Entitlements/Concessions on Aged CPV

Old Jan 7th 2010, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to all
Default Entitlements/Concessions on Aged CPV

Hi Guys ,
Just wanted to ask if my parents come on an Aged Parent Contributory Visa, what kind of concessions/entitlements they might get?
I think i understand that they get medicare. Nothing off dental or prescriptions ? Do they get bus passes? Any concessions on electric/gas etc.....
After the 10 years do they get anything then ?
They're just trying to do their sums and understand what they would need moneywise to live on per month..
Any help/ideas , much appreciated !!
Thanks Sunbound
Old Jan 8th 2010, 4:21 am
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all
Default Re: Entitlements/Concessions on Aged CPV

I see you're in QLD. If they're over 65 and not working full time, and permanent residents of QLD, they can apply for a State Government Seniors card which will give them government concessions (rego, ambulance, medical aids to name a few) and business discounts too.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Entitlements/Concessions on Aged CPV

Originally Posted by Sunbound
Hi Guys ,
Just wanted to ask if my parents come on an Aged Parent Contributory Visa, what kind of concessions/entitlements they might get?
I think i understand that they get medicare. Nothing off dental or prescriptions ? Do they get bus passes? Any concessions on electric/gas etc.....
After the 10 years do they get anything then ?
They're just trying to do their sums and understand what they would need moneywise to live on per month..
Any help/ideas , much appreciated !!
Thanks Sunbound
My IN laws moved here on the contributory visa a couple of years ago ( not aged) they do get medicare and also they get a commonwealth card which gets them discounts on rates phone bills best check the centrelink website