Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Entertaining a 2 year old in Perth

Entertaining a 2 year old in Perth

Old Dec 4th 2009, 3:48 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all
Default Entertaining a 2 year old in Perth

Hi all,

My sister and my 2 year old nephew are visiting for Christmas, which I am very happy about.

I don't have any children myself and want to do some fun stuff with my nephew and need some ideas.

I have already thought about the zoo (Do 2 year old kids like that sort of thing?) and will take him to the beach lots.

Does anyone have any good ideas that I could do to entertain him? Anything different that has worked well for you?

Thanks.
Claire
Old Dec 4th 2009, 4:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Entertaining a 2 year old in Perth

Caversham Wildlife Park. My 18 month old loved it. He got to feed and stroke the roos and saw wildlife very close. He also got to stroke and have photos taken with Koala, wombat, and birds.

You can take a picnic and your swimmers with you as across the road (you can walk) is an outdoor swimming pool which is lovely and a park and plenty of picnic space.

I'd definitely recommend it.

There are quite a few soft play places around, swimming pools - someone has suggested Batley Park I think it is called.

Kings Park Lottery West play area. Fantastic.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 4:14 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

thanks heaps...I will google these places now.

Claire
Old Dec 4th 2009, 4:17 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

yes that wildlife park is fab, I loved it when I visited Perth. There is also a kiddies thing in Hillary's and I notice alot of mothers and toddlers there, its a man made safe beach and water slides, trampolines and stuff.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 4:25 am
Life is good

Sounds great too, he will love Hillarys, especially water slides etc - nothing scares him. Thanks!!!
Old Dec 4th 2009, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kingseat
Caversham Wildlife Park.
Caversham Wildlife Park is great for kids all ages http://www.cavershamwildlife.com.au/

It is also within Whitman Park: http://www.whitemanpark.com.au/. This has a little train - he is bound to love a train ride. There is also a daily Eagle show, plunge pools, a motor museum - well, lots of stuff.

It might be too much for one day. But you could do the Wildlife Park one day and the rest in Whitman Park on another day.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Take him to play by the dinasour at Kings park near the cafe.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 1:54 pm
native West Aussie

Genevieve has a brilliant futureGenevieve has a brilliant futureGenevieve has a brilliant futureGenevieve has a brilliant futureGenevieve has a brilliant futureGenevieve has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Kingseat
There are quite a few soft play places around, swimming pools - someone has suggested Batley Park I think it is called
I think they might have meant Beatty Park, in North Perth:

http://www.vincent.wa.gov.au/1/32/20/introduction.pm
Old Dec 4th 2009, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Genevieve
I think they might have meant Beatty Park, in North Perth:

http://www.vincent.wa.gov.au/1/32/20/introduction.pm

That's the one. We've not been yet. Thanks
Old Dec 4th 2009, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by claire edwards
Hi all,

My sister and my 2 year old nephew are visiting for Christmas, which I am very happy about.

I don't have any children myself and want to do some fun stuff with my nephew and need some ideas.

I have already thought about the zoo (Do 2 year old kids like that sort of thing?) and will take him to the beach lots.

Does anyone have any good ideas that I could do to entertain him? Anything different that has worked well for you?

Thanks.
Claire
The Heathcote Reserve in Applecross, at the river, stunning views, huge pirate ship and very nice playground. BBQs available too.

http://www.acoffeeinthepark.com/heathcote-reserve
Old Dec 4th 2009, 11:20 pm
Life is good

FAB. That's not far from where I live too. Thanks.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

The other thing 2 year olds like (at least mine does): swimming / playgrounds with swings and slides / beach for digging in the sand.