Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

English Loyalty- Too True!!

English Loyalty- Too True!!

Old Jun 18th 2003, 11:40 am
Beyond Redemption

Snitzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: English Loyalty- Too True!!

It was I who posted that thread many weeks back now. I can appreciate exactly where you are coming from re the cricket match at Old Trafford and infact mentioned this senario in my post. I will be at Lords on Sunday so I will be able to see this first hand. However it is this sort of behaviour that is mixed up and so is your post. You say it's wrong for second generation immigrants to be hostile to the country they were born in and it's people but then you say you will be doing the same and probably encourage your Aussie born offspring to follow your suit. I just don't understand you said it make you piss that they weren't following England then you say you will if you lived elsewhere ?! Two wrongs don't make a right. Exactly which Country should Nasser play for .... or Lawrence for that matter ??
Now I am English and always will be and will support England first and Australia second as it will be my adopted country and quite rightly so. Now the problem comes ( and this was the essence of my original post ) when my wife and I have children in Australia. Say we like it so much there and never come home are they still English or Australian ? All non indigenous people are non Australian ( some might say ) so how can they argue that new immigrants don't have the right to call themselves Australian. Especially seeing most of them only came post WW2 so they can only be third generation at the most.
So what if the kids feel more Aussie ? Did I beat them up at a footy match ?!
An Australian friend of mines parents come from Urugauy and moved to Oz in the 60's just before he was born and he considers himself 100% pure Oz. Anyone telling him otherwise including me will get it .... are you telling me this guy isn't Aussie but Uruguayan even though he has never been there ? You work it work. One story he does tell me is when at school all the Lebs would come in with there flags and pick on the others because they didn't want to be Australian just like those Pakis at the Cricket and he had one word for them ....PRICKS !!!
If your not part of the solution ....your part of the problem.
S.
Old Jun 18th 2003, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

rajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by garywarby
Hi All,
Some time ago a thread was posted on this forum, indicating that the author was changing their allegencies, and were going to start supporting Australia in sporting events! My next comments are going to be controversial, I attended a 1 day cricket international at Old Trafford yesterday, I Do Not consider myself a racist, however the hostility that me and my friends were shown yesterday from 2nd generation Pakistani's was a disgrace. Too many people think racism works only one way! I don't agree with the BNP's policies, however I can understand the bitterness that is brewing from the common man,Believe me it is.

20 something's with Asian origins, and talking with Manc accents slagging off England and it's people quite frankly makes me want to piss! I will be supporting England when in OZ, and I am sure I will gain more respect from the Aussies for doing so! Although there will be banter, bitterness is a whole different ball game!

I believe this country is a time bomb waiting to happen and there is blame on both sides, but I believe the UK does more for immigrants than any other country in the world, after yesteday's experience I have to ask myself , WHY!!!!!!!!

For God's sake dont taint all ASIANS with the same brush - The pakistanis will always remain loyal to the islamic states....
Old Jun 18th 2003, 2:01 pm
Beyond Redemption

Originally posted by rajj
For God's sake dont taint all ASIANS with the same brush - The pakistanis will always remain loyal to the islamic states....
Wise words.... I can assume you are Hindu ?
Why are most Muslims so fanatical ? What am I missing with Islam as I just don't get it !!??
Old Jun 18th 2003, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

rajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Snitzy
Wise words.... I can assume you are Hindu ?
Why are most Muslims so fanatical ? What am I missing with Islam as I just don't get it !!??

Used to be as an eight year old perhaps!!. Now an athiest - I find it incredible that the majority of the worlds population is infantile enough to believe in the idea of some stupid God. Its so so childish and pathetic - we really are doomed. I think they are all mad fanatical idiots - christians, muslims, hindus, jews.

The world has a history of taking sides by religion and the colour of the skin. Them & Us - like it or not, there has been plenty of evidence of this on this site over the last couple of years.

rajj

ps some of the most gentelest, truely nicesest people I have met around the world (in Australia, Britain, America, Africa, and even Kashmir!!)have been muslims.

pps I fear the time bomb in England will go off one day if the narrow minded people get their way and individuals go on blaming others instead of being part of the solution and taking responsibility. (Blaming MPs, the prime minister, Immigrants, Racists, Liberals, the french and Germans etc is a real cop out by the masses).

:lecture: :lecture: :lecture: woops - got carried away!!
Old Jun 18th 2003, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

garywarby is an unknown quantity at this point

Snitzy,

What I said was I will be supporting England in Australia without bitterness, I used the term 'banter'. You comment on a situation which you can't because you were not there, secondly where did you get the notion that I would encourage my kids to support England? Did I say that? If my kids are born in Australia and raised there, then I would expect them to support Australia, that is the whole basis of my argument. My final point is when I said that second generation or third, does it really matter! make me want to piss because they were slagging off England and the English, it is because some chose what they adopt of our culture, and when they adopt it.

A bit like you have done when dissecting my post! And finally, saying you will see for yourself this weekend, comparing Lords to Old Trafford, now your taking the piss!!!

I did not mean to tar anybody with the same brush, I was commenting on the section of the crowd yesterday, if I did offend anybody, I apologise.

Cheers
Gary
Old Jun 18th 2003, 7:15 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by rajj
Used to be as an eight year old perhaps!!. Now an athiest - I find it incredible that the majority of the worlds population is infantile enough to believe in the idea of some stupid God. Its so so childish and pathetic - we really are doomed. I think they are all mad fanatical idiots - christians, muslims, hindus, jews.

The world has a history of taking sides by religion and the colour of the skin. Them & Us - like it or not, there has been plenty of evidence of this on this site over the last couple of years.

rajj

ps some of the most gentelest, truely nicesest people I have met around the world (in Australia, Britain, America, Africa, and even Kashmir!!)have been muslims.

pps I fear the time bomb in England will go off one day if the narrow minded people get their way and individuals go on blaming others instead of being part of the solution and taking responsibility. (Blaming MPs, the prime minister, Immigrants, Racists, Liberals, the french and Germans etc is a real cop out by the masses).

:lecture: :lecture: :lecture: woops - got carried away!!
Some of the nicest people I've met were Black when I was in South Africa and Botswana.

You're right, this place is a ticking time bomb. I've tried to stand up but unfortunately you need others to stand up as well. I've tried to do my bit and can hold my head up. You have to look after yourself these days, so I'm off to pastures bushier. The rest are welcome to this once green and pleasant land. They will realise what I've been trying to say but it will be too late. There is an old saying, "There are none so blind as those who will not see."

And don't get me started on religion, I've got more to say on that than I have on Assylum Seekers and Racism!
Old Jun 18th 2003, 7:54 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pommie bastard
The races here also pick fights over where people think they belong and never look an Abo in the eye unless you need a hospital stay.
You are made of the right stuff hope you will cheer the lads on this Saturday we need to beat the Aussies here as well in the UK at rugby.

the trick with the nunga,s is never hit them in the head ,it only makes i,m mad, you have to kick them the shins or ankles ,and they fold up like a pack of cards ,................... mm
Old Jun 18th 2003, 11:54 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by GetMeOutOfHere
When the Captian of Pakistan states on Radio 4 this morning...."The support was fantastic, it was like we were playing in Karachi or Lahore..." then I'm afraid your've got to think what has happened?
In the last 10 yrs I've seen enough change around me, another 10-20 yrs time, frankly frightens me. I have a chance to do something about it thank God. I agree the UK is storing up huge problems for the future, when places such as Birmingham, Leicester, Bradford, Burnley, Oldham and many more, are becoming mini islamic states, thousands of illegal immigrants unaccounted for, a bomb waiting to go off is not a bad analogy

Watch the Rugby at the weekend Pom refugees out in force , you are yet again another uninformed Pom , Melbourne or Sydney has more ragheads (Muslims) that any of the cites you site.
Australia is much more Muti-cultural than the Uk , stop at home if you hate your fellow men.

Old Jun 18th 2003, 11:59 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

An Australian friend of mines parents come from Urugauy and moved to Oz in the 60's just before he was born and he considers himself 100% pure Oz. Anyone telling him otherwise including me will get it .... are you telling me this guy isn't Aussie but Uruguayan even though he has never been there ? You work it work. One story he does tell me is when at school all the Lebs would come in with there flags and pick on the others because they didn't want to be Australian just like those Pakis at the Cricket and he had one word for them ....PRICKS !!!
S.
Most Kids from Brit parents support Brit teams , a poll was taken here in Australia amoung Kids under 16 years of age .
The question was what sportting team do you follow , national or inter national the top answer was Man Utd by 60% of those asked.
You will never be excepted by Abos here dream on.

Old Jun 19th 2003, 8:30 am
Beyond Redemption

Most Kids from Brit parents support Brit teams , a poll was taken here in Australia amoung Kids under 16 years of age .
The question was what sportting team do you follow , national or inter national the top answer was Man Utd by 60% of those asked.

I don't expect to be excepted by ANYONE who is bigoted, unintellectual or the like in any country.
Old Jun 19th 2003, 8:33 am
Beyond Redemption

60% of the Non English speaking World supoorts Man Utd !
Old Jun 19th 2003, 8:42 am
Beyond Redemption

Originally posted by garywarby
Snitzy,

What I said was I will be supporting England in Australia without bitterness, I used the term 'banter'. You comment on a situation which you can't because you were not there, secondly where did you get the notion that I would encourage my kids to support England? Did I say that? If my kids are born in Australia and raised there, then I would expect them to support Australia, that is the whole basis of my argument. My final point is when I said that second generation or third, does it really matter! make me want to piss because they were slagging off England and the English, it is because some chose what they adopt of our culture, and when they adopt it.

A bit like you have done when dissecting my post! And finally, saying you will see for yourself this weekend, comparing Lords to Old Trafford, now your taking the piss!!!

I did not mean to tar anybody with the same brush, I was commenting on the section of the crowd yesterday, if I did offend anybody, I apologise.

Cheers
Gary
Fair enough !
But please tell me the difference between Old Trafford and Lords supporters and NO cliches regarding " Hard Northern 'astards with short sleeve footy shirts in sub zero temps covered in tats drinking bitter Verses Soft Southern Poofs wearing Panama hats and sleeping under their Daily Telegraphs with a glass of Pimms in their hand."
Old Jun 19th 2003, 10:55 am
Beyond Redemption

Watch the Rugby at the weekend Pom refugees out in force , you are yet again another uninformed Pom , Melbourne or Sydney has more ragheads (Muslims) that any of the cites you site.
Australia is much more Muti-cultural than the Uk , stop at home if you hate your fellow men.

PB
I don't know where you get your statictics from but I think you are ill informed.
Britain has a Muslim community of over 1 million let alone other ethic minorities which I'm sure Australia can't beat in numbers as it would seem illogical as it has a much smaller overall population.
Although if you find statictics from a reliable source to prove me otherwise I will stand corrected.
Finally the word "Ragheads" is slang for Shieks due to the fact that they wear turbans and not Muslims. I know this because I grow up near large communites of these ethics and sometimes in college I would be the only white person in the class. Now that integration !
S.
Old Jun 19th 2003, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

karlos is an unknown quantity at this point

For what it's worth my opinion. If you move to a foreign country you should make every effort to fit within that countries culture. Whether that be Poms moving to Australia or moving to any other country in the world.

Likewise, anyone moving to Britain should try to fit into UK culture. Unfortunately this country (I'm not slagging it, I love England) has become to PC.

I find the most annoying phrase to be "I'm not English, I'm a Muslim, or I'm a ......., just living in England".

Rant over. As my old boss once told me "opinions are like arseholes, everyone’s got one, but you don't need to share it"

Karl.
Old Jun 19th 2003, 9:31 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

It was I who posted that thread many weeks back now. I can appreciate exactly where you are coming from re the cricket match at Old Trafford and infact mentioned this senario in my post. I will be at Lords on Sunday so I will be able to see this first hand. However it is this sort of behaviour that is mixed up and so is your post. You say it's wrong for second generation immigrants to be hostile to the country they were born in and it's people but then you say you will be doing the same and probably encourage your Aussie born offspring to follow your suit. I just don't understand you said it make you piss that they weren't following England then you say you will if you lived elsewhere ?! Two wrongs don't make a right. Exactly which Country should Nasser play for .... or Lawrence for that matter ??
Now I am English and always will be and will support England first and Australia second as it will be my adopted country and quite rightly so. Now the problem comes ( and this was the essence of my original post ) when my wife and I have children in Australia. Say we like it so much there and never come home are they still English or Australian ? All non indigenous people are non Australian ( some might say ) so how can they argue that new immigrants don't have the right to call themselves Australian. Especially seeing most of them only came post WW2 so they can only be third generation at the most.
So what if the kids feel more Aussie ? Did I beat them up at a footy match ?!
S.
Regarding - are your children are English or Aussie? Well you just have to let them decide. But until they do, you can say they are half english half ozzie. My children are half English half Kiwi. And they love saying it! It is a game, nothing to get too serious about. So when we leave the uk and go to OZ, what will they be then?

BTW, I always support NZ & England second if they are in the same competition. Might be a hard thing to support the Australians. For a Kiwi it is like saying to an englishman, why don't you support WALES for the day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.