Reload this Page >

English Loyalty- Too True!!

English Loyalty- Too True!!

Old Jun 18th 2003, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

garywarby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default English Loyalty- Too True!!

Hi All,
Some time ago a thread was posted on this forum, indicating that the author was changing their allegencies, and were going to start supporting Australia in sporting events! My next comments are going to be controversial, I attended a 1 day cricket international at Old Trafford yesterday, I Do Not consider myself a racist, however the hostility that me and my friends were shown yesterday from 2nd generation Pakistani's was a disgrace. Too many people think racism works only one way! I don't agree with the BNP's policies, however I can understand the bitterness that is brewing from the common man,Believe me it is.

20 something's with Asian origins, and talking with Manc accents slagging off England and it's people quite frankly makes me want to piss! I will be supporting England when in OZ, and I am sure I will gain more respect from the Aussies for doing so! Although there will be banter, bitterness is a whole different ball game!

I believe this country is a time bomb waiting to happen and there is blame on both sides, but I believe the UK does more for immigrants than any other country in the world, after yesteday's experience I have to ask myself , WHY!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 18th 2003, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

Location: lincolnshire South of Perth by end of October 03 Please
crabtree is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: English Loyalty- Too True!!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by garywarby
Hi All,

I will be supporting England when in OZ, and I am sure I will gain more respect from the Aussies for doing so!

Dont you think it is better and more fullfilling to support a winning side Gary?

Tony C
Old Jun 18th 2003, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

Why? I don't support Man U because they are a winning side, I support them because I am from Manchester (yeah I know the jokes), the same applies to supporting England.
Old Jun 18th 2003, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

Location: lincolnshire South of Perth by end of October 03 Please
crabtree is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by garywarby
Why? I don't support Man U because they are a winning side, I support them because I am from Manchester (yeah I know the jokes), the same applies to supporting England.

Unfortunately Here we have Grimsby Town, Lincoln City, Scunthorpe, or Boston Utd. Not much worth supporting.

But I know what you mean. I am not a true supporter of any teams, however it is nice to follow English sport wherever you are and however poor they may be.

Some on here knock the Ausies for being over competative but sport is for winning and there is no point in taking part if you know you are going to always lose.

But dont stop playing cricket England.

Tony C
Old Jun 18th 2003, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

Hi Tony,
From what I can gather they are ultra competetive, however I would rather have 'in yer face' attitude than the 'hope the best team wins' bullshit !
Old Jun 18th 2003, 6:40 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,
Some time ago a thread was posted on this forum, indicating that the author was changing their allegencies, and were going to start supporting Australia in sporting events! My next comments are going to be controversial, I attended a 1 day cricket international at Old Trafford yesterday, I Do Not consider myself a racist, however the hostility that me and my friends were shown yesterday from 2nd generation Pakistani's was a disgrace. Too many people think racism works only one way! I don't agree with the BNP's policies, however I can understand the bitterness that is brewing from the common man,Believe me it is.

20 something's with Asian origins, and talking with Manc accents slagging off England and it's people quite frankly makes me want to piss! I will be supporting England when in OZ, and I am sure I will gain more respect from the Aussies for doing so! Although there will be banter, bitterness is a whole different ball game!

I believe this country is a time bomb waiting to happen and there is blame on both sides, but I believe the UK does more for immigrants than any other country in the world, after yesteday's experience I have to ask myself , WHY!!!!!!!!

The races here also pick fights over where people think they belong and never look an Abo in the eye unless you need a hospital stay.
You are made of the right stuff hope you will cheer the lads on this Saturday we need to beat the Aussies here as well in the UK at rugby.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jun 18th 2003 at 6:45 am.
Old Jun 18th 2003, 6:48 am
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough

I guess that I will always support England, my children I expect will support their adopted nation, I hope that this will be the case, as there will always be some friendly (I hope) banter around the house.

Slater
Old Jun 18th 2003, 8:12 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Know what you mean mate.

This is what is killing me.

If I do go over to Oz to live with my girlfriend (who is aussie) I will fully expect our children to support the country of their birth (Australia) think this will be pretty hard to take.

Who can I pass my support of Nottm Forest onto.
My father passed it onto me, looks like I will have to take them along to the Lions or Broncos but it wont be the same.

Could always be long distance Forest fans.

And we must win at the Rugby this weekend im fed up of going to the Walkabout being the only Pom in their and getting the p**s taken out of me when we loose.

TT

Hi All,

Old Jun 18th 2003, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Teliko19 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm going to the rugby this weekend! And will be wearing my white rugby shirt with pride
Old Jun 18th 2003, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

When the Captian of Pakistan states on Radio 4 this morning...."The support was fantastic, it was like we were playing in Karachi or Lahore..." then I'm afraid your've got to think what has happened?
In the last 10 yrs I've seen enough change around me, another 10-20 yrs time, frankly frightens me. I have a chance to do something about it thank God. I agree the UK is storing up huge problems for the future, when places such as Birmingham, Leicester, Bradford, Burnley, Oldham and many more, are becoming mini islamic states, thousands of illegal immigrants unaccounted for, a bomb waiting to go off is not a bad analogy

Last edited by GetMeOutOfHere; Jun 18th 2003 at 2:09 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2003, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

ellen1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by TrickyTree
Know what you mean mate.

This is what is killing me.

If I do go over to Oz to live with my girlfriend (who is aussie) I will fully expect our children to support the country of their birth (Australia) think this will be pretty hard to take.

Who can I pass my support of Nottm Forest onto.
My father passed it onto me, looks like I will have to take them along to the Lions or Broncos but it wont be the same.

Could always be long distance Forest fans.

And we must win at the Rugby this weekend im fed up of going to the Walkabout being the only Pom in their and getting the p**s taken out of me when we loose.

hi TT
i have never been a footy fan, but being a nottingham born and bred lass, i have always been interested if and when forest win anything. my sons and dad are big forest fans, my son has already made an agreement with my dad the when we get to oz he will tape all forest matches and send them over, so at least the tradition will carry on for a while any way!

take care

ellen

TT
Old Jun 18th 2003, 10:15 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ellen1

Good to hear from a fellow Nottinghamite!

Sounds a good idea to have my dad video the games and post them on.

Will have to teach the old fella to use the video now!!!!!!
Could be a long process, have I got enough time i'm going next year? : )

TT

Originally posted by ellen1
Old Jun 18th 2003, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

hi TT

We too are heading out next year, where ya going, if in perth like us i may be able to pass ours on to you!

ellen

cost you a tinny or 2
Old Jun 18th 2003, 10:45 am
Go the BNE Roar

Hi Ellen

My girlfriend and all her family are from the Brisbane area, so I think we will be heading their.

Bit of a distance to send them on.
Guess my dad will eventually have to learn to use the video instead of phoning me up to program it for him.

All the best for the application and the relocation to Perth.

Looks as though I may have saved those tinnies!!!

TT

Originally posted by ellen1
hi TT

We too are heading out next year, where ya going, if in perth like us i may be able to pass ours on to you!

ellen

cost you a tinny or 2
Old Jun 18th 2003, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

never mind TT
all the best with the move and teaching your dad the video instructions!!

ellen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.