Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

An English Dinner Party with Pommie Bounder

An English Dinner Party with Pommie Bounder

Old Mar 5th 2003, 11:26 pm
Banned

Thylacoleo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default An English Dinner Party with Pommie Bounder

Just imagine you were inescapably obliged to attend an English (as in place as well as language) dinner party fully knowing Pommie Bounder would be present?

At the party, what would you like the conversation to be about , other than Pommie Bounder?
Old Mar 5th 2003, 11:50 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: An English Dinner Party with Pommie Bounder

Originally posted by Thylacoleo
Just imagine you were inescapably obliged to attend an English (as in place as well as language) dinner party fully knowing Pommie Bounder would be present?

At the party, what would you like the conversation to be about , other than Pommie Bounder?
I doubt it. It won't increase my post count, as that would be the only reason why I bother to reply to PB nowadays.
Old Mar 6th 2003, 12:23 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: An English Dinner Party with Pommie Bounder

Originally posted by ptlabs
I doubt it. It won't increase my post count, as that would be the only reason why I bother to reply to PB nowadays.
Yet again my persona is used to start a thread how refreshing , and the first poster is your good self are you hooked and roped in?
Apes only throw buns at dinner parties so I am told , I throw a line and wait for the fishes to bite have you tried BBQ snapper?
This could be a good thread if not removed by the thought nazi , is it within the guide lines , as it throws no shaddow on Australia I say it passes yours.

Old Mar 6th 2003, 12:36 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'd like to have a conversation about whether it's reasonable for judges to act as jurors, prosecutors and police.
Old Mar 6th 2003, 12:47 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jayr
I think I'd like to have a conversation about whether it's reasonable for judges to act as jurors, prosecutors and police.
That would make our moderator spin out of control , power corrupts absolute power currupts absolutely.

Old Mar 6th 2003, 12:52 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pommie bastard
That would make our moderator spin out of control , power corrupts absolute power currupts absolutely.

I've got an idea - why don't you ask Paul (the administrator) to let you be the moderator, so you can delete all the dreamers' posts?

If you want this to be your playground (as you seem to shoot down every other opinion other than you own), why not be in charge?
Old Mar 6th 2003, 12:53 am
Banned

A democratic "Delete / Keep Post Button", "Delete / Keep Poster Button"?

A democratic "Make / Delete / Keep New Electronic Law Button"?

An Electronic "No Stuffing Ballot Boxes Law"?

(Actually interesting stuff for all parties including Electronic Forums.)

Last edited by Thylacoleo; Mar 6th 2003 at 1:02 am.
Old Mar 6th 2003, 12:56 am
Banned

Originally posted by ptlabs
I've got an idea - why don't you ask Paul (the administrator) to let you be the moderator, so you can delete all the dreamers' posts?

If you want this to be your playground (as you seem to shoot down every other opinion other than you own), why not be in charge?
Look the old fair play thing is all I require , if a poster does not resort to 4 letter abuse or engauge in worthless threats I cannot see why you should remove a post , if its bull then it will die the death.

Old Mar 6th 2003, 1:02 am
Banned

Originally posted by pommie bastard

The Moderator has that power NOW.

Do you want to be a Belligerent Dictator ruling over a burned out, ruined, starved fiefdom?
Old Mar 6th 2003, 1:05 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with PB. Lettting the users vote posts/posters in/out just leads to mob rule. All I want is fair moderation. That should mean excluding anything that in a diffferent forum (for want of a better word) would be potentially illegal. So no incitement/slander/racism etc. but pretty much anything else goes. I may not agree with everything PB or others say but I'll defend to the death their right to say it...etc.
Old Mar 6th 2003, 1:10 am
Banned

I agree with PB. Lettting the users vote posts/posters in/out just leads to mob rule. All I want is fair moderation. That should mean excluding anything that in a diffferent forum (for want of a better word) would be potentially illegal. So no incitement/slander/racism etc. but pretty much anything else goes. I may not agree with everything PB or others say but I'll defend to the death their right to say it...etc.
Also not keen on mob rule.

Your Common Law analogy has a lot of Common Sense.

The Forum Common Law should be in Black and White in the Thread Rules - with examples for the hard of reading.
Old Mar 6th 2003, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

You are right why should'nt he say what he wants if people dont like it to Bad ...........