Englands Green And Pleasant Land

Englands Green And Pleasant Land

Old Apr 4th 2003, 6:02 pm
Tez
Forum Regular

Tez is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Englands Green And Pleasant Land

Hi Folks
Just a thought to share with you all.At this moment im sitting in the office upstairs at home,its 7.45pm and the sun is still going down for the day.I look out of my window and all i can see are grenn fields,trees,hills,etc etc.Theres classical music on the radio(Radio two,i know how sad,i am forty you know)
The sky is a brillant colour,ive been gardening most of the day.The smell of cut grass,shrubs about to flower,everything budding up for the summer ahead,it really lifts the sprits in ones self.Everything looks so green and lush........truly a gift england enjoys more than any other country i can think of.I shall miss the spring and summers in old blighty,stiil upwards and onwards eh??
Despite this countrys problems ,it still is after a thousand years of recorded history,a green and pleasant land.
Adelaide is very green so im told, were heading out in may for the forseable future,just thought id share one ordinary english mans view of what im looking at
Tez........
Old Apr 4th 2003, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

i've always said that if the sun shone england wouldn't have 60 million people it would have 600 million..

sadly whilst we are enjoying the effect of a particulary strong el nino the good weather isn't the norm (hence the 60 million)

cheers

richard
Old Apr 4th 2003, 9:53 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: Englands Green And Pleasant Land

Originally posted by Tez
Adelaide is very green so im told
Adelaide looks green in comparison to all around. Spring in southern SA is a nice time, green, wild flowers, cool nice weather etc. Summer and autumn, brown.

After a while, ones eyes adjust and what will at first look like uniform brownness to you will grade into a different shades of olive green and brown.
Old Apr 5th 2003, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy Bale will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Where we are near Sydney is, in our opinion, very green. And every morning this time of year, is like a nice sunny spring day in England. I walk the kids to school every morning, its about a 20 min walk and we go through a park on the way and its just amazing. the birdsong is fantastic and the weather is usually just perfect. There is another park I go to, and where I sit while the kids are playing, there is this fantastic view of the area, and you wouldn't even know you were in the middle of a housing estate, all you can see are trees and hardly any rooves.

Mind you I can't say the same about some areas around here, the new estates that are being built nearby are terrible, they have just flattened everything and sold off tiny plots of land and people have built huge houses on them, hence no garden for trees or anything so its just a sea of rooves! Completely spoilt the area.

Mandy
Old Apr 5th 2003, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

Mind you I can't say the same about some areas around here, the new estates that are being built nearby are terrible, they have just flattened everything and sold off tiny plots of land and people have built huge houses on them, hence no garden for trees or anything so its just a sea of rooves! Completely spoilt the area.

Mandy [/QUOTE]
.................................................. ..................................................
this is so true of here too..

where we live two large single houses have been pulled down and on one plot 10 houses went up and on the other 16 flats and 7 houses stand in it's place....

i guess this is common the world over..

cheers

richard

[COLOR=skyblue][COLOR=skyblue]
Old Apr 5th 2003, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

sundarize is an unknown quantity at this point

Sometimes, just sometimes, these words still ring true.....

This royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle,

This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars,

This other Eden, demi-paradise,

This fortress built by Nature for herself

Against infection and the hand of war,

This happy breed of men, this little world,

This precious stone set in the silver sea,

Which serves it in the office of a wall,

Or as a moat defensive to a house,

Against the envy of less happier lands,

This blessed plot, this earth, his realm, this England

From Richard II, Act 2 (Shakespeare)
Old Apr 5th 2003, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

BCBOY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sundarize
Sometimes, just sometimes, these words still ring true.....

This royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle,

This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars,

This other Eden, demi-paradise,

This fortress built by Nature for herself

Against infection and the hand of war,

This happy breed of men, this little world,

This precious stone set in the silver sea,

Which serves it in the office of a wall,

Or as a moat defensive to a house,

Against the envy of less happier lands,

This blessed plot, this earth, his realm, this England

From Richard II, Act 2 (Shakespeare)

For all its grumbles, its still a wonderful, wonderful country. Who needs sunshine all the time anyway?
Old Apr 7th 2003, 2:25 pm

arridia is an unknown quantity at this point

I do!

Has anyone else been to the Blackall Ranges about an hour or so north of Brisbane. Now that is green and pleasant. If anyone else is lucky enough to have a potter around the area it's well worth it. Look at Flaxton, Montville, Malaney, Kenilworth and the stunning country side around the area. It's one of those little known secrets of Australia in my view.