Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

England regain the ashes

England regain the ashes

Old Aug 23rd 2009, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

woodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nicewoodring is just really nice
Default England regain the ashes

England have just out performed Australia to regain the Ashes.

Those of you who have been in OZ for a while , who do you support?
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

deadlock will become famous soon enough
Default Re: England regain the ashes

well done england made us proud
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 10:00 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodring

Whoever wins.

Go England Go!
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 10:05 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

England *every* time.... 'You can take the boy out of England, but you can never take the England out of the boy'. I do NOT understand how anyone can switch sporting allegiances on a whim simply because they happen to change where they live

..and today - is a HAPPY day!
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 10:18 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Wales.
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Whoever England are playing....like all Scots...
Old Aug 24th 2009, 1:19 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

I support the English just to poke fun at my Aussie partner... But I don't care, really.

*digs out union flag t-shirt*
Old Aug 24th 2009, 1:36 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
Funnily enough the test cricket side called England actually represents the whole of the UK. In effect qualification to play is based on UK citizenship, not English citizenship.

The name is something of an anachronism. In fact until the 70s, England toured as the MCC. So while you may disagree with the name, England is actually Scotland too.
Old Aug 24th 2009, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
Ha ha ha....Sour grapes eh?

I am adding my voice to the merry band who are singing the prowess of English victory of the old foe...Here's to the end of Ashes dominace by Australia!!

And to think, only Friday the daily telegraph here was making snide remarks about how England was going to be slaughtered by brave Aussies... Priceless

Weep Au, weep... Your boys took a hell of a beating (well, Rick Ponting at least did!)

EN-GER-LAND

Old Aug 24th 2009, 2:42 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Wales.
You must be happy about the Ashes result then.
Old Aug 24th 2009, 2:45 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burbage
Funnily enough the test cricket side called England actually represents the whole of the UK. In effect qualification to play is based on UK citizenship, not English citizenship.

The name is something of an anachronism. In fact until the 70s, England toured as the MCC. So while you may disagree with the name, England is actually Scotland too.
No it's not. If you are Scottish then you are eligible to play for England. However, strictly speaking it is the England and Wales cricket team. Scotland have their own international cricket team, whilst Wales play with England.
Old Aug 24th 2009, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

The longer I'm here the more I support England!
Old Aug 24th 2009, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

TheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really niceTheSun is just really nice

your not singing, your not singing, YOUR NOT SINGING ANYMORE!!!! ha ha h ahah hah aha IN YOUR FACE Aussies!!! IN YOUR FACE DAILY TELEGRAPH you two bob bit rag. little bit quiet today eh!!! GO THE POMS!!
Old Aug 24th 2009, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

iolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud ofiolande has much to be proud of

My poor deluded husband . . . he's just about to become an Aussie citizen and he thinks England winning the ashes is fantastic . . . sigh . . .

Seriously though - I am secretly glad that England won - I have had many an aussie come up to me over the years and say 'we beat you at the ashes' to which my reply was always 'yeah, when you make the world cup in football I will discuss this issue with you' (damn 2006!). Shame I'm in England at the moment - but when we get to Australia in a couple of months I will be saying 'we beat you at the ashes' to every Aussie I meet!
Old Aug 24th 2009, 8:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheSun
your not singing, your not singing, YOUR NOT SINGING ANYMORE!!!! ha ha h ahah hah aha IN YOUR FACE Aussies!!! IN YOUR FACE DAILY TELEGRAPH you two bob bit rag. little bit quiet today eh!!! GO THE POMS!!
We weren't singing in the first place...that's for girls. Well done to England...enjoy your win....except you TheSun, you sound like you been in the sun too long

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.