Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

England is pants.

Wikiposts

England is pants.

Old May 15th 2004, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by jib
He's telling you that, so you won't think he's having a good time

jib

Old May 15th 2004, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by debbiea34
Thanks guys, I have had a right giggle reading some of these posts!!

By the way that sky one programme of Miriam was a right hoot too, I kept shouting at the tv screen, shes got a bloody adams apple!!!!!!! I think it was the two apples on his torso that distracted them from his neck!!!!

Good luck to all who are in the process of emigrating

Debbie

They are showing the Miriam programme out here at the moment. I hadn't even heard of it! I saw a trailer and then realised all the sad blokes on it were English!

I will be watching it with interest this week. Sadly it is about the best thing that is on at the moment.
Old May 15th 2004, 1:07 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

. I hadn't even heard of it! I saw a trailer and then realised all the sad blokes on it were English!
Well, they could,nt have done it in the states, because when they find out they have been duped, some one would pull out a gun and shoot everybody .................. MM
Old May 15th 2004, 3:16 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

same pants, different day..........
Old May 15th 2004, 6:10 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Larissa
Is that you Don?
Quite similar hair

Must get my lion's mane a trim...
Old May 15th 2004, 7:41 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Quite similar hair

Must get my lion's mane a trim...
But where, did you ,tuck your manhood,the mind boggles...........mm
Old May 15th 2004, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by mr mover
. I hadn't even heard of it! I saw a trailer and then realised all the sad blokes on it were English!
Well, they could,nt have done it in the states, because when they find out they have been duped, some one would pull out a gun and shoot everybody .................. MM

LOL
And in Aus the blokes wouldn't care it was a bloke and would sh** him anyway
Old May 16th 2004, 12:10 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Sausage
You don't have to have been to another country to not like the one you are in.

If you don't like sprouts, you can't tell me.. "Hey, you can't say sprouts aren't nice cos you haven't tried spinach or rocket". Sprouts will still not be nice.

Actually, sprouts are a bad example...cos I like them...but u get my drift.

Dave: Yep, you are right too. There's always somewhere much worse off, making Blighty much better by comparision. However, that doesn't make someone who dislikes Blighty like it more, just cos there's somewhere worse
Well, what if you are 'forced' to eat something worse than sprouts for a while? Eventually you would rather have sprouts again, or at least think: hmm, those sprouts weren't so bad after all.

The thing is, it's all about perspective if you like something or not.
And perspective can change after some time!
There's heaps of people who have thought the UK was pants, just like you guys in here, but after living somewhere else for a while, has made them realise that it wasn't that much pants.

Of course, you can't know untill you go and try it yourself! Just don't burn bridges(houses, family, friends, work, schools)
Simone..always a very well balanced reply..good on you !!

Cheers
Pants
Mmm, I don't know....

I think you're always balanced, I've never seen you slag off the UK, but Plumber did say he was drunk somewhere, right?
Old May 16th 2004, 10:24 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Simone

Mmm, I don't know....

I think you're always balanced, I've never seen you slag off the UK, but Plumber did say he was drunk somewhere, right?

Hi Simone

Well Plumber drunk maybe......he was saying that I slag off OZ...in the "deadside"as he so nicely puts it !!!WRONG !!

Yes Simone I always find your posts very fair and balanced, good to read !!

Old May 16th 2004, 8:37 pm
Put big light on!

Sausage is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Simone
Well, what if you are 'forced' to eat something worse than sprouts for a while? Eventually you would rather have sprouts again, or at least think: hmm, those sprouts weren't so bad after all.

The thing is, it's all about perspective if you like something or not.
And perspective can change after some time!
There's heaps of people who have thought the UK was pants, just like you guys in here, but after living somewhere else for a while, has made them realise that it wasn't that much pants.

Of course, you can't know untill you go and try it yourself! Just don't burn bridges(houses, family, friends, work, schools)

Mmm, I don't know....

Simone, yep...I see where u are coming from. You might be right. I might find that I pine for the UK. I'm sure I'd miss the good things, anyway.

When (and I mean when) I get there, I will post my views after a while and I'll be honest I do expect to find it difficult at times.

Roy
Old May 16th 2004, 8:59 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

When are yuz gonna get to the bottom of the pants debate. Boom Boom..

What a crap original post.
Old May 17th 2004, 12:12 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom

Twas but a pile of pants
Old May 17th 2004, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Alborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to allAlborg is a name known to all

Originally posted by bondipom
When are yuz gonna get to the bottom of the pants debate. Boom Boom..

Jealousy is pants too.
Old May 17th 2004, 9:25 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Would these be M&S pants, or the inferior ones you get over here.......don't know what they use for elastic, but its edefinitely inferior!
Old May 17th 2004, 11:28 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Alborg
Jealousy is pants too.
Yes I am green with envy at the wonderful underwear collections in Next and M&S.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.