Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

England is pants.

Wikiposts

England is pants.

Old May 14th 2004, 9:35 pm
Put big light on!

Sausage is an unknown quantity at this point

Admittedly, one of the biggest things I'll miss about living in the UK is Europe. It will be sad to not be able to travel to European destinations so easily.
What has your therapist think - jib
Jib, my wife's my therapist ....and she's all for OZ!
Old May 14th 2004, 9:57 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by Larissa
England is like a pair of big pants, comfy but seen better days. You wouldn't want to get run over wearing them though

Seriously though, I both love and hate the UK, for different reasons. I'm all up for a change, a bit of adventure, a new pair of thrilly pants!!! I do realise, that thrilly pants can get stuck in arkward places though and I might miss my comfy pants after a while.
Nice one Larrissa.........couldn't have put it better myself

Now..........where are them big draws of mine

Have ordered a pair of thrillies though.....need a change

Phoenixuk2oz

Old May 14th 2004, 9:59 pm
Loving life in Brissie

cagandchris will become famous soon enough

Some people will be happier in oz some will be happier in the uk. There's a million reasons for this as everyone is an individual and wouldn't the world be a boring place if everyone and every place was the same?! I don't understand why people knock me for wanting to try a new life in Oz. I don't understand why people knock others who have tried it but it wasn't for them. Who says you have to live in one place all your life?!!

Personally I am going to Oz for a number of reasons but the main one is for the weather. English winters makes me ill - as simple as that. I need sun!!! My husband has other reasons but at least we both agree on where we are heading!

If we don't like it - the very worst thing that can happen is we come home!! We've lost nothing and gained a lot from the experience. You only live once and you're a long time dead!

Old May 14th 2004, 11:37 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

An observation:

Most (so most, NOT all) people on this thread are still in the UK.
And most probably haven't lived in another country before (for at least a few months).
So, how can you say the UK is pants, if you haven't experienced somewhere else yet??

Anyway, I agree with the posters who are in Oz: same shit, different pants.
And Oz had pants places, UK has pants places, America has pants places, Holland has pants places.

Old May 15th 2004, 12:06 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Simone
An observation:

Most (so most, NOT all) people on this thread are still in the UK.
And most probably haven't lived in another country before (for at least a few months).
So, how can you say the UK is pants, if you haven't experienced somewhere else yet??

Anyway, I agree with the posters who are in Oz: same shit, different pants.
And Oz had pants places, UK has pants places, America has pants places, Holland has pants places.

Simone..always a very well balanced reply..good on you !!

Cheers

Pants
Old May 15th 2004, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Not everywhere has the same amount of crime as anywhere else, you're right. You live on the Gold Coast, which is well known as one of the biggest drug trafficking & drug taking hotspots in the country. Its also one of the highest unemployment & part time employment areas as well as a tourist icon & a mecca for retired people & surfers & you complain constantly about how so many people have no money or just want to go surfing or fishing. No one made you live there, it was your choice, stop your bleating .
:scared: :scared: Mrs D - maybe I will go to the Sunshine Coast after all
Old May 15th 2004, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

daveuk1965 is an unknown quantity at this point

England isn`t pants. The Government and system may be, but there`s a lot of good here.

Mind you, there`s a lot of good everywhere, with better government and systems. Life tends to be the people you`re with and to a lesser extent, the area you`re in - people live in one house in one neighbourhood with one family - unless you`ve got some very weird living arrangements. ;-))))

Nowhere in the world is paradise, after all. There ARE much worse places than the UK - though I`ve seen better areas in Russia - there are much better places - though I`ve been unhappy in very posh areas of Europe when I`ve been living there.

If you want to moan, try moving to small town Russia or China..... come back, THEN moan about Blighty. ;-))))))
Old May 15th 2004, 3:22 am
Put big light on!

Sausage is an unknown quantity at this point

You don't have to have been to another country to not like the one you are in.

If you don't like sprouts, you can't tell me.. "Hey, you can't say sprouts aren't nice cos you haven't tried spinach or rocket". Sprouts will still not be nice.

Actually, sprouts are a bad example...cos I like them...but u get my drift.

Dave: Yep, you are right too. There's always somewhere much worse off, making Blighty much better by comparision. However, that doesn't make someone who dislikes Blighty like it more, just cos there's somewhere worse

There are many, many great things about the UK, there's no denying. I just am not happy here.

Will I be happy elsewhere? Well, I don't know....but there's no harm in trying.

For those who love Blighty. Then great! It's good to be content and happy with where you live.

Myself, well I have only been to Oz for a few months and that was over 10 years ago. I did love it, but realise it has probably changed somewhat. I'm willing to give it a go.

Anyway.... well done to Saints (St. Helens) for just beating Wigan at Rugby. Gotta say that cos my missus comes from St. Helens.
Old May 15th 2004, 7:30 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Am i missing some thing here? what doe,s PANTS mean?? is it some obscure pommy saying, good or bad???............... MM
Old May 15th 2004, 7:42 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Look: (bottom half)
Attached Thumbnails England is pants.-2808.jpg  
Old May 15th 2004, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Is that you Don?
Old May 15th 2004, 7:56 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Larissa
Is that you Don?
Yes he,s auditioning to be the next, MIRIAM.:scared: ....... MM
Old May 15th 2004, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

lol he needs to make sure he separates his whites from his colours
Old May 15th 2004, 8:54 am
debbiea34

Smile

Thanks guys, I have had a right giggle reading some of these posts!!

By the way that sky one programme of Miriam was a right hoot too, I kept shouting at the tv screen, shes got a bloody adams apple!!!!!!! I think it was the two apples on his torso that distracted them from his neck!!!!

Good luck to all who are in the process of emigrating

Debbie

Originally posted by mr mover
Yes he,s auditioning to be the next, MIRIAM.:scared: ....... MM

Old May 15th 2004, 9:15 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Sausage
....but there's no harm in trying.
Never a truer word spoken. Well, apart from the Miriam comments lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.