Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

England is pants.

Wikiposts

England is pants.

Old May 14th 2004, 10:32 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: England is pants.

Originally posted by Alborg
England is pants.

Not only is England pants but the elastic on those pants is wearing thin. Hence those pants are starting to fall.

Would anyone agree?
I would!
You know the other day I suggested that the wife moives to Oz fist to set up home in a few years time without me, we would sell the house & I would move back in with my parents.

She thought it was a good idea!!!!

England is in a sorry state in her eye's.
(I think it was the final straw when the car behind us overtook us at the trafic lights on the way to antenatal classes and they waved the shotgun at us. Well they had just car jacked it. It's nice here!)

Mark
Old May 14th 2004, 10:34 am
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

Make your mind up Pants.....on the deadside your always slagging oz !!!
Old May 14th 2004, 11:00 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: England is pants.

Originally posted by Amazulu
No. UK is a great place. So is Australia.
And in addition to that

The UK has some pants places and so does Australia.
Old May 14th 2004, 11:28 am
kong

Originally posted by plumber
Still proud to be English ............but must agree drove passed where i was brought up as a child the other day.

Sorry to say it ,but kept the car doors locked and no way was i going to stop........sad really , don't take any joy in saying that......but there you go!

plum
Oh for ****s sake, are you starry eyed oz dreamers so blinkered that you believe only the UK has crime and thugs??? Christ I suggest you hit the western suburbs of Sydney, see how safe you would feel walking alone at night there.

The area I was brought up in England is still a very pleasant friendly leafy street, no albanian junkies raping my wife and pimping out my dad. Get a grip you dreamers, the UK and Aus both have good and bad points, those fleeing shitehole UK, instead of emigrating to want to be a a lifeless dull backwater(sorry I mean Oz) will be the ones in the returning to the UK forum within a year.

Aus has a few better days weather a year than England, that is it, bugger all to shout about

Old May 14th 2004, 11:52 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by plumber
Make your mind up Pants.....on the deadside your always slagging oz !!!

where plumb???? what slagging off???

what because I am going back therefore you judge that I am slagging it off or perhaps because I said how hot it was once...ohhh yesssss..you know I reckon you should READ the posts and not just assume !!!! perhaps too much booze eh !!!!!

so where does that leave you if your so proud to be English!!??
:scared: :scared:

Last edited by Pants; May 14th 2004 at 11:59 am.
Old May 14th 2004, 12:14 pm

robertd is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Tinaj,
Just reading your thread and noticed hubby was back in the UK. Not wanting to seem nosey, but has he gone back to work there. I only ask because Rob(hubby) is seriously thinking about going back to work as a plumber at the end of the year if things dont pick up here. Regards Louisa
Old May 14th 2004, 12:20 pm

Thank god somone on the forum is speaking the truth as it is for once. There is crime etc where ever you live, some parts worse than others. Up here on the Gold Cost there are gangland killings, drug dealers etc etc. No where seems to be free from it all anymore. There is as much here as the UK. Regards Louisa
Old May 14th 2004, 2:27 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Bits of the UK are "pants", bit are lovely, same goes for Oz. And its all a very personal thing as everyone's feelings and experiences are different, and hence colour the way they look at things.

So, form a purely personal point of view, good to hear what hubby is thinking on his visit Tina! Reinforces some of the reasons why I'm glad I'm here
Old May 14th 2004, 2:34 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Same Sh*t, different pants..........
Old May 14th 2004, 3:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Same Sh*t, different pants..........
LOL Hevs
Old May 14th 2004, 4:16 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by robertd
Thank god somone on the forum is speaking the truth as it is for once. There is crime etc where ever you live, some parts worse than others. Up here on the Gold Cost there are gangland killings, drug dealers etc etc. No where seems to be free from it all anymore. There is as much here as the UK. Regards Louisa
Not everywhere has the same amount of crime as anywhere else, you're right. You live on the Gold Coast, which is well known as one of the biggest drug trafficking & drug taking hotspots in the country. Its also one of the highest unemployment & part time employment areas as well as a tourist icon & a mecca for retired people & surfers & you complain constantly about how so many people have no money or just want to go surfing or fishing. No one made you live there, it was your choice, stop your bleating .
Old May 14th 2004, 4:31 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

The United States GDP per capita is higher than either the UK or Australia. So is its violent crime rate, gun-related deaths, rapes and muggings. Australia beats it in car thefts but loses in drug use and drug-related convictions. Not sure about the UK there.

I'll take the Gold Coast thanks.
Old May 14th 2004, 6:57 pm

Can I suggest that you read our new thread.
What will your reply be to that, I wonder. Louisa
Old May 14th 2004, 7:26 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think it's completely crap, there are still some beautiful parts, trouble is most average Jo types, like us, could never afford to live in them!

I have finally decided, after months of wondering how I feel about this country, I am in love with the England I grew up in. The one where I could play outside in the street until it got dark in the Summer, how I could walk home on my own and not be afraid, how I was never offered drugs at school, oh the list goes on. But I think 25 years ago, this England was a nicer place to be in.

Things like this make me want to leave all the more; our firends took there 3 year old son on the Thomas the Tank engine train at the severn valley railway last week. The train was shot at by kids with air rifles and pelted with stones. A young baby was rushed to hospital with facial injuries.

This is a very sad and sorry society we live in.
Old May 14th 2004, 7:42 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by robertd
Can I suggest that you read our new thread.
What will your reply be to that, I wonder. Louisa
Unfortunately past posts that I have read havent supported the fact that you love it here. My comment still stands - if you dont want to live somewhere where theres a huge drug problem, lots of people on the dole, high unemployment & where surfers & retired people abound & the lifestyle revolves around fishing & surfing, then move.

And your implication that those that live here somehow dont speak the truth unless they run down Australia is just a bit insulting.

If you do love it here so much, thats great, its just not the impression you give.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.