Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

England Expects!But Can I Watch it in OZ?

England Expects!But Can I Watch it in OZ?

Old Oct 7th 2003, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

garywarby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default England Expects!But Can I Watch it in OZ?

Hi All,

Yep the big game on saturday, but is it on normal TV? Sattellite?
Anything? Any ideas anybody starting to panic. Looking at the big picture, will the actual Euro championships be shown over here next June.

Come on England !
Cheers
Gary
Old Oct 7th 2003, 11:15 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Gary, Im not sure which sporting event you are referring to (honestly! LOL) but Im sure either Foxtel or Sky will be broadcasting it. Not much that doesn't get broadcast on one of the Foxtel sports channels. They even have the baseball from the US, not that big a crowd puller here in Oz. No idea even what the Euro Championships are, but ditto for them, my bet would be Foxtel.

Good Luck with finding it .
Old Oct 7th 2003, 11:29 pm
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Foxtel

Fox Sports2 - channel 12
7.00am Rugby Union World Cup Opening Ceremony

That what you are looking for? Seems to be on all day.

Fox Sports1

10.00am Baseball Baseball NLCS Gm3 Chicago Cubs @ Florida
LIVE
Or perhaps the baseball is what you meant after all.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Mrs Dagboy, but sorry I was talking about EnglandvTurkey Soccer(I hate calling it that). I apprecite your efforts though, thanks for the time and trouble.

Gary
Old Oct 7th 2003, 11:40 pm
WBB

gary is referring to the football (wogball) match beetween england and turkey on saturday, a crunch tie with a place in the european championships riding on it.

Old Oct 7th 2003, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

I can't see it on the Austar listings ( Country Bumpkins have Austar oppose to Foxtel, same thing though still Fox sports) I think the more likely is ESPN or SBS.
Thanks Again
Old Oct 7th 2003, 11:42 pm
WBB

beat me to it.....but i have no idea if it's on over there or not?

i would make a guess that mrs dg is right about foxtel though as this is a MAJOR game for england, and turkey for that matter.

Old Oct 7th 2003, 11:46 pm
Rocket Scientist

Oooooooh sorry, not very good with sports on TV, cant find it on Foxtel, but as I said perhaps Sky or maybe Optus have it on.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Billy,
Nah not on Fox Sports! So come on Billy who will you be shouting for, or don't you care! Be honest now! Your lot aren't doing so bad either a chance of qualifying!
Cheers
Gary
Old Oct 7th 2003, 11:55 pm
WBB

Originally posted by garywarby
Hi Billy,
Nah not on Fox Sports! So come on Billy who will you be shouting for, or don't you care! Be honest now! Your lot aren't doing so bad either a chance of qualifying!
Cheers
Gary

in this particular match i will have to support england, as i did during the last world cup, but if you were to come against us at the moment i really do think we would give you a good game.

i think it will be tight on saturday, england are missing one or two players as are turkey, but i think england will get the result they need.

im not sure what time the game is on over here but it must be some unholy hour over there!

Old Oct 7th 2003, 11:57 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

Don't think it's on any TV station. The only place I know it's being shown in Brisbane is the Pig & Whistle Riverside, but they are charging $25 a head to watch, as I believe they have had to arrange a special live feed for it.

Not paying that much. Will wait for the highlights! It is going to be 3am on a Sunday morning and I'll probably be in a gutter somewhere at that time.

Cheers,
Brisnick
Old Oct 8th 2003, 12:37 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

From looking at www.Foxtel.com.au it looks bad because of the RWC.
Old Oct 8th 2003, 12:51 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: England Expects!But Can I Watch it in OZ?

Originally posted by garywarby
Hi All,

Yep the big game on saturday, but is it on normal TV? Sattellite?
Anything? Any ideas anybody starting to panic. Looking at the big picture, will the actual Euro championships be shown over here next June.

Come on England !
Cheers
Gary
Try this link, it has what's on free tv, foxtel, optus and austar for 7 days ahead in the drop down menu

http://aol.yourtv.com.au/guide/index...1&genre_id=All

I couldn't tell you about Soccer (I'm not a fan),but to be honest,I doubt it very much that they will be showing it live, not with the WRC starting this Friday. You may want to check the BBC web site and see if they will be playing it live on their site (real Audio player). At least you may be able to listen to it. It's what I had to do with the last 6 nations. Audio is better than nothing I suppose.

cheers

P.S Thought I'd add this link too. It's a list of online radio stations for the UK, you may be able to get the match via one of these links. Someone posted this link on this site a few weeks back(sorry I can't remember which user it was). It may be useful to you.

http://www.mikesradioworld.com/eu_uk.html

Last edited by Ceri; Oct 8th 2003 at 12:57 am.
Old Oct 8th 2003, 1:55 am
Nov 27th 2003: Brisbane

BrisbaneBrummie is an unknown quantity at this point

For $25 I'd certainly pay to watch it in the pig & whistle......to be surrounded by other lads who are all there for the same thing......

No doubt i'll be putting my $ where my gob is next year when the Euro championships start. (IF we get there!)

Gotta say though, Sven doesn't fill me full of confidence, I just hope he doesn't start with Rooney.....that boy is a liability.......did anyone see the way he reacted towards the ref last saturday? An absolute disgrace.

Come on Eng-er-land!

and Good luck to Wales too!
Old Oct 8th 2003, 1:59 am
WBB

Originally posted by BrisbaneBrummie
For $25 I'd certainly pay to watch it in the pig & whistle......to be surrounded by other lads who are all there for the same thing......

No doubt i'll be putting my $ where my gob is next year when the Euro championships start. (IF we get there!)

Gotta say though, Sven doesn't fill me full of confidence, I just hope he doesn't start with Rooney.....that boy is a liability.......did anyone see the way he reacted towards the ref last saturday? An absolute disgrace.

Come on Eng-er-land!

and Good luck to Wales too!

rooney is a big talent though, his biggest problem seems to be frustration but with age that will mellow.

he was at his best against turkey last time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.