engineers

Old Nov 1st 2004, 10:28 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute
Default engineers

hello peeps

Jc has gotten himself an interview on friday for an enginnering post in Sydney or Melbourne areas, as the salary is TBA I was just wondering if anyone could advise us on what an average wage would be for a graduate engineer with 2 years experience, cos we will probley accept any wage in the excitment of it all, and could end up gettin taken advantage of and be working for less than the going rate when we get out there.

Any ideas would be great help.

thanks

laura
xxx
Old Nov 1st 2004, 10:59 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: engineers

Have you tried looking at some of the Australian employment websites to get an idea of the market? Or checked to see if the IEAUST website has salary information?

Salary is important but should not be the only consideration. What's the company culture and prospects like, and how prestigious is it (important in case he wants to move on later on). Is the work going to be challenging, what are the training/development prospects etc.

If he's not got PR will that be a problem and are they willing to sponsor for PR?

Jeremy

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
hello peeps

Jc has gotten himself an interview on friday for an enginnering post in Sydney or Melbourne areas, as the salary is TBA I was just wondering if anyone could advise us on what an average wage would be for a graduate engineer with 2 years experience, cos we will probley accept any wage in the excitment of it all, and could end up gettin taken advantage of and be working for less than the going rate when we get out there.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

Thrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
hello peeps

Any ideas would be great help.

thanks

laura
xxx
I am led to believe the salary should be in the region of 40-70k dollars, its a pretty wide range, I would as suggested below check out the agency websites.

Good luck.

Thrud
Old Nov 1st 2004, 12:06 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thrud
I am led to believe the salary should be in the region of 40-70k dollars, its a pretty wide range, I would as suggested below check out the agency websites.

Good luck.

Thrud

Thrud
thanks, running a search, alot dont have salaries on them, but the ones that do seem to be very good indeed.

JAJ

The company are one of the largest companies in Aus and are willing to sponsor us, they said that they already have the visas waiting as the have block booked them, whatever that means???

thanks

laura
x