Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Engineering CDR's

Engineering CDR's

Old Jun 29th 2004, 11:44 am
J+J
Small Member

J+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant future
Default Engineering CDR's

Has anyone out there done an Engineering Competency Demonstration Report ?
I have written my three reports and I'm now doing the summary and questioning if I've got everything covered.
My job title in this country is Process Automation Engineer (I design and build PLC control systems)
Does Aus have an equivalent engineering title? 'cos I can't find it if it has.
Does anyone have any advise before I submit this?
Any help of advise would be appreciated.

Thanx
Old Jun 29th 2004, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

silent_sentinel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Engineering CDR's

Originally posted by J+J
Has anyone out there done an Engineering Competency Demonstration Report ?
I have written my three reports and I'm now doing the summary and questioning if I've got everything covered.
My job title in this country is Process Automation Engineer (I design and build PLC control systems)
Does Aus have an equivalent engineering title? 'cos I can't find it if it has.
Does anyone have any advise before I submit this?
Any help of advise would be appreciated.

Thanx
what's your engineering degree?
Old Jun 29th 2004, 1:49 pm
J+J
Small Member

J+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant future

I don't have a degree.
I have an HNC in electrical and electronic engineering from back in 1989 and then 15 years experence. (15 years ago you didn't need a degree)
If you have a recognised degree you can get regestered through the Sydney or Washington Accord system. I think !!
Being slightly less educated and longer in the tooth, I'm relying on the experence angle.
Old Jun 29th 2004, 6:14 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally posted by J+J
I don't have a degree.
I have an HNC in electrical and electronic engineering from back in 1989 and then 15 years experence. (15 years ago you didn't need a degree)
If you have a recognised degree you can get regestered through the Sydney or Washington Accord system. I think !!
Being slightly less educated and longer in the tooth, I'm relying on the experence angle.
Hiya JJ, it all depends on when you qualified / stuidied your HNC
If you can qualify for the Uk institutions and then you can qualify in Oz

You should be a ble to go as an Engineering Technologist which has the same points?

I helpd a frend do his CDR report & as long as you have the bladb and keep in mind the things you are to demonstrate when you write it, you should be ok

Regards
Mark
Old Jun 30th 2004, 8:20 am
J+J
Small Member

Does the difference between a Engineering Technologist and a Professional Engineer have an effect on the type of job you can get over there though ???
Old Jun 30th 2004, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

cooks is an unknown quantity at this point

I had to go through the exact same process as I only had a HNC in engineering but 8 years of experience after icompleting t.

I got my skills accepted as an engineering technologist but then got my visa through as a process engineer.

A pain in the arse writing it but glad I'm finished with all that!!