Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

..and this ends my duties with BE.

..and this ends my duties with BE.

Old Sep 21st 2005, 8:26 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ..and this ends my duties with BE.

We'd heard you have found a lady Thanks for the update. Sounds like majority of life is looking good for you. Long may it last.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 8:28 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Brilliant stuff, Leigh - am so pleased for you !

Anya.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hi scutter
great to hear your getting on so well,keep us posted wont you

tracey
Old Sep 21st 2005, 8:41 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, and good luck for the future. I always thought the avatar was a bit .......well, creepy!
Old Sep 21st 2005, 1:01 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Scutter who

He sounds a bit strange to me..........one of those cult leader types........already got a place out in "the country".

Good to hear from you Leigh and very pleased for you.

Keep it rocking mate
Old Sep 21st 2005, 1:39 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scutterUK
High guys, gals and everyone else.

There’s a lot of people on here now who don’t know me, and a lot of people on here who’d probably just not remember, BUT I’ve been in Australia now for a full 12 months! So I thought it was time I let the people who care know I’m still alive, and those who don’t know me something else to read.

Well I landed here in Canberra on the 21st of Sept 2004, all on my lonesome with no family to stay with and just one friend to help out. I had no permanent work lined up but that friend said he’d be able to help there too… although as it turned out he didn’t pay me for the first 3 months of the work I did for him. Now I’m in a full time job working for someone else. The pay isn’t great mind you, but I’m working in my chosen field and everything is going well.

I bought a house 3 months back with a girl I met back in January and it’s all going well. We’re now settled in to our little place and have acquired 6 dogs in the process…. Not sure where they came from but oh well, they’re here now. The house is about 50kms outside of Canberra, in burra NSW, but it’s a world away. So peaceful and quiet it makes us both wonder why we hadn’t done this sooner (obviously for me I just wasn’t there to do it!). The stars at night are unbelievable! When I get the chance I’ll post some photos I took of the area, and you can all enjoy the views we see every morning. (sorry gloating over)

For those who know me, you’ll remember the beasty I used to ride around on, my pride and joy, my BMW R1150GS adventure. It was my only transport for the first 8 months of being here and it was ridden in all weathers. Well you’ll be sorry to hear the beasty has been let go and sold to another beemer nut to look after. The time came where I needed a car, the same time I got the house as it happened (typical eh?), so I’ve joined the 4 wheel cagers for a while… not for too long though. I’m currently saving hard to get back on 2 wheels.

So, if you’re back in the UK thinking it’ll never happen, then don’t worry. I was in the same position and now it seems link only 5 mins ago when I was handing my TRA assessment over to the post office in doncaster to start the ball rolling. Now I’m here, happy and content… well nearly anyway,.. ok nearly on a good day… but everyone has their down days.

My biggest driver for moving out here was that I felt my life in the UK wasn’t going anywhere and I felt like a change. I was in a job I didn’t really like, working for a company I didn’t really like, in a town I didn’t really like, living in a house … ok I liked the house but that’s another story…. And I was lonely, single and desparate. So I thought if I was going to change a job, or move house, or do something along those lines I might as well move to the other side of the world and start again in another country with new opportunities and experiences.

24 months later… and here I am…. Quite strange really when I think about it, but it’s been a giggle and the end result was what I was after. So you could say it was a success. I’m not saying that everyone will be as lucky as me, but it can happen. If you don’t try you don’t know what will happen eh?

As far as the locals go, don’t believe anything you read, the aussies are great. I’ve never felt so at home and everyone is friend and helpful… and positive, which took a while to get used to. Canberra is perfect for me, it’s so laid back at time yet so focused at other. Not living in the city now help with stress level but it keeps reminding me what a beautiful country I now live in… well apart from the dead roos on the roads but I can’t have everything.

So there ya go… life begins again! …. Well it will once I’ve got my bike back!!!!! (don’t tell tammy I said that though! Ok?)

Cheers guys, all the best and good luck to you all whether you know me or not.

Leigh

PS i still haven't found any salt and vinegar peanuts or a supplier of caffreys...
Hi Leight What a brilliant post, so pleased that everythings worked out for you.

A bit different than sunny Donny eh? I used to go down the Arndale centre every sat when I was younger

Loads of luck in your adventures
Old Sep 21st 2005, 3:23 pm
New South Welshie

<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold

Echo what everyone else has said.

I haven't been on here that long, but recently got my visa so hope to be on our way very soon. Glad to hear everything is going well for you; looking at Canberra ourselves so you never know, may be in touch.

Cheers
Old Sep 21st 2005, 7:00 pm
Living in the sun

connollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to behold

There’s a lot of people on here now who don’t know me, and a lot of people on here who’d probably just not remember, BUT I’ve been in Australia now for a full 12 months! So I thought it was time I let the people who care know I’m still alive, and those who don’t know me something else to read.

Well I landed here in Canberra on the 21st of Sept 2004, all on my lonesome with no family to stay with and just one friend to help out. I had no permanent work lined up but that friend said he’d be able to help there too… although as it turned out he didn’t pay me for the first 3 months of the work I did for him. Now I’m in a full time job working for someone else. The pay isn’t great mind you, but I’m working in my chosen field and everything is going well.

I bought a house 3 months back with a girl I met back in January and it’s all going well. We’re now settled in to our little place and have acquired 6 dogs in the process…. Not sure where they came from but oh well, they’re here now. The house is about 50kms outside of Canberra, in burra NSW, but it’s a world away. So peaceful and quiet it makes us both wonder why we hadn’t done this sooner (obviously for me I just wasn’t there to do it!). The stars at night are unbelievable! When I get the chance I’ll post some photos I took of the area, and you can all enjoy the views we see every morning. (sorry gloating over)

For those who know me, you’ll remember the beasty I used to ride around on, my pride and joy, my BMW R1150GS adventure. It was my only transport for the first 8 months of being here and it was ridden in all weathers. Well you’ll be sorry to hear the beasty has been let go and sold to another beemer nut to look after. The time came where I needed a car, the same time I got the house as it happened (typical eh?), so I’ve joined the 4 wheel cagers for a while… not for too long though. I’m currently saving hard to get back on 2 wheels.

So, if you’re back in the UK thinking it’ll never happen, then don’t worry. I was in the same position and now it seems link only 5 mins ago when I was handing my TRA assessment over to the post office in doncaster to start the ball rolling. Now I’m here, happy and content… well nearly anyway,.. ok nearly on a good day… but everyone has their down days.

My biggest driver for moving out here was that I felt my life in the UK wasn’t going anywhere and I felt like a change. I was in a job I didn’t really like, working for a company I didn’t really like, in a town I didn’t really like, living in a house … ok I liked the house but that’s another story…. And I was lonely, single and desparate. So I thought if I was going to change a job, or move house, or do something along those lines I might as well move to the other side of the world and start again in another country with new opportunities and experiences.

24 months later… and here I am…. Quite strange really when I think about it, but it’s been a giggle and the end result was what I was after. So you could say it was a success. I’m not saying that everyone will be as lucky as me, but it can happen. If you don’t try you don’t know what will happen eh?

As far as the locals go, don’t believe anything you read, the aussies are great. I’ve never felt so at home and everyone is friend and helpful… and positive, which took a while to get used to. Canberra is perfect for me, it’s so laid back at time yet so focused at other. Not living in the city now help with stress level but it keeps reminding me what a beautiful country I now live in… well apart from the dead roos on the roads but I can’t have everything.

So there ya go… life begins again! …. Well it will once I’ve got my bike back!!!!! (don’t tell tammy I said that though! Ok?)

Leigh

PS i still haven't found any salt and vinegar peanuts or a supplier of caffreys...

Top post m8
Old Sep 21st 2005, 7:19 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
A bit different than sunny Donny eh? I used to go down the Arndale centre every sat when I was younger
gawd memories too of parents dragging me there and to the market for prawns

Nice to hear from you Leigh and life is looking great (and without the need for rose coloured specs). Still sitting with mouth open that it is a year already - how much changes in that time.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 8:14 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

At last!!!

Was seriously worried one of those doggies of yours had dragged you into a hole and tammy couldnt find you........house??? *cough*splutter*......come again????

nice to hear from you again.....thought you werent talking to us!!!

sue xxxx
Old Sep 21st 2005, 10:28 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

great stuff scutter i love to read threads that start off like this. and to think u were thinking of moving to sydney not too long ago. im glad u didnt. everything it working so well for ya mate. keep it up !!!!!

Leigh

Old Sep 22nd 2005, 12:39 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

cheers guys! i'm not sure what to say but thanks for the support and everything!

Sue,... shheee.. it's a house ok. although i know what you mean about the dogs, and god forbid if i loose my keys!

badge, if you ever read this... i've got a real 'ute at last. .. still growing the mullet though.

Wanderlust,... note quite got there yet, but i'm working on it. we've talked about getting engaged but we're in no hurry. we're still trying to catch up after buying the house. (i still need a bike though! desparately!)

Bix, one of the joys of being in the country,.. no neighbours to complain about the 'rocking' .

cheers all... when i get broadband out there i'll be back more often... bluddy dialups! blah!
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 2:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold

PS i still haven't found any salt and vinegar peanuts or a supplier of caffreys... [/QUOTE]

Oh , oh , oh !!!! I meant to tell you ! In Woolorths they have salt and malt vinegar peanuts ! Made by those Kettle chip folks !! They are amazing !! You MUST have tried them ?!? Can't believe I forgot to tell you !
Anyway , good on ya , you've done well ! Don't leave the forum though , please keep posting, when I read your posts it reminds me what I have to aim for , a sense of home.
All the best,
Tass.

P.S. It's a year ago today we were granted out visas ! How time flies !!
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 10:34 am
Badge

[QUOTE=scutterUK]

badge, if you ever read this... i've got a real 'ute at last. .. still growing the mullet though.

[QUOTE]

mate I'm really pleased for you. And I'm pleased your settling well with the Sheila.

badge

Old Sep 22nd 2005, 11:04 am
In The Sunshiiiiinnnnnne

Comer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant future

Leigh

Great post Leigh. A success story if ever I've heard one. I'm a 33 yr old single bloke heading for Sydney and I'm excited but sh*tting bricks too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.