Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ending the Phone and Electricity

ending the Phone and Electricity

Old Apr 13th 2005, 9:24 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ending the Phone and Electricity

Originally Posted by peppi
How did you work out when you pay up til pollyanna...I pay by DD and didnt know i was paying in advance
6 of the payments are in advance of the date the licence starts, 6 in arrears. So if your licence starts in July, you start paying for it in January!!! Hence if you are leaving in July, cancel your DD in January (though they will pester you at times till you leave),
If your licence starts in August, you start paying in feb, so if leaving in October you need a licence for 3 months - so make 3 payments, and cancel in April.
Took me a while to work it out, but i hope that makes sense!
Old Apr 14th 2005, 10:30 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Big Bird
Karma sent and I hope you sort your bills out OK.
Cheers BB

Good news is that we got a reply from a different person at Seeboard who said it wouldn`t be a problem for us to take readings and call them the day we are moving out and pay by card over the phone. I asked why all the crap from the other person when this is exactly what we were saying but I don`t expect a reply. Will still have to battle it out with BT though who want to disconnect us a few weeks before we go. Like to see what they say to the fact we have a baby and a pregnant lady in the house who need a phone in case of emergencies. Bastards.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

Big Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Stormz
Cheers BB

Good news is that we got a reply from a different person at Seeboard who said it wouldn`t be a problem for us to take readings and call them the day we are moving out and pay by card over the phone. I asked why all the crap from the other person when this is exactly what we were saying but I don`t expect a reply. Will still have to battle it out with BT though who want to disconnect us a few weeks before we go. Like to see what they say to the fact we have a baby and a pregnant lady in the house who need a phone in case of emergencies. Bastards.
Glad you've sorted out Seeboard, but what I don't understand is that you are being upfront with BT and you are going to pay them. How many people just clear off leaving unpaid bills? In the circumstances they are being totally unreasonable.

I'd get rid of mine now just to stop the pain in the arse selling calls. 3 in 3 days this week!! Lived with only a mobile for 6 months - total bliss.

Just noticed that you are in Maidstone - lived there for 30 years.

At least it's not long until you go to go!

BB
Old Apr 14th 2005, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

delia is an unknown quantity at this point

Slight digression from the subject but relevent considering the nightmare people have trying to be honest. Freinds of ours left in Aug' 2003 and whilst tidying up their affairs tried to inform the DSS that they were leaving for Australia and would no longer require their family tax credit. Some dipstick 18 year old on the other end of the line said that the credit had been awarded until end of March 2004 and the system didn't allow it to be stopped. "But we're leaving the country" our friends insisted, "I,m sorry but there's nothing I can do" replied the person on the phone. Oh well thought our friends who then carried on recieving the payments, about 2000 pounds. What a result.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 12:09 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Dunno how that works. I thought once you weren`t in the country anymore you don`t get paid (as you have no job), therefore you don`t get any tax off (as there`s no wages to tax).

We get family tax cred so could be good