Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

End of the Great Australian Dream?

End of the Great Australian Dream?

Old Jul 13th 2003, 11:38 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default End of the Great Australian Dream?

Not my heading but shows that Australia is not a different planet to the rest of the world the same concerns that some seem to think they are escaping remain here.

Families are giving up the Hills hoist and quarter-acre block for shared laundries, community children's playgrounds and strata titles, according to new analysis of the 2001 census by the Australian Bureau of Statistics. The Government statistician suggests there is nothing especially Australian about the home ownership ideal, either. The number of households owning their homes has slipped to 69 per cent, which is less than New Zealand, no different to Britain and only slightly higher than the US.

http://theage.com.au/articles/2003/0...034875310.html

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jul 13th 2003 at 5:25 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2003, 12:45 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a dream that one day Australia will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the green hills of Queensland the sons of pommie bastards and the sons of pommie bashers will be able to sit down together at a table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Western Australia, a desert state, sweltering with the heat of pommie bastard’s words of injustice and oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by generalising pommies but by the actual content of their character.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day the state of Western Australia, where the pommie bastards’s lips are presently dripping with the words of disparagement and vilification, will be transformed into a situation where little aussie boys and aussie girls will be able to join hands with little pommie boys and pommie girls and walk together as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.
Old Jul 13th 2003, 1:04 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Florida_03
I have a dream that one day Australia will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the green hills of Queensland the sons of pommie bastards and the sons of pommie bashers will be able to sit down together at a table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Western Australia, a desert state, sweltering with the heat of pommie bastard’s words of injustice and oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by generalising pommies but by the actual content of their character.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day the state of Western Australia, where the pommie bastards’s lips are presently dripping with the words of disparagement and vilification, will be transformed into a situation where little aussie boys and aussie girls will be able to join hands with little pommie boys and pommie girls and walk together as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.

Nice brings tears to me eye's , hail to Australia the promised land .
No sod it who would care if Australia lived upto it's PR job , who would want to live in a sanitised country with plactic smiles , Plastic People?

Old Jul 13th 2003, 1:20 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Plastic People?

Heat-proof Plastic People, thank you...
Old Jul 13th 2003, 1:22 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Florida_03
Heat-proof Plastic People, thank you...
With the weather in Perth right now how about Water-proof?