Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Encouragement please

Encouragement please

Old May 21st 2004, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

DeeWP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Encouragement please

Well here I am, 15 years down the line from first applying to move to Australia but the one pregnancy followed by three more we have four children now and the burning desire to go to Oz has come back with a vengence.

My hubby is 45 this year and since we first applied back in '88 the rules have tightened so much I feel thoroughly fed up. I run my own business but not in the league the migration office want. I've got heaps of clients here in the UK I could take with me (my business is online see) and I've start trying to get clients from Aus (got one so far and negotiating with another).

My hubby has an Aunt and two cousins out there, and I'm on MSN twice a day at the moment just keeping in touch. It's driving me loopy. I soooo want to be there but it seems everything is against us. We'd be moving to Nowra if we can get in.

Any hope of things changing for the better by 2006, is that when they review the procedure, or will it get worse?

Need a bit of encouragement really. Don't you just feel like crashing through the red tape and saying "Look guys my heart is in Australia, can't you let my body follow in it's wake?!"
Old May 21st 2004, 7:45 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

You could always ask your husbands family members in Oz to sponsor you ???
Old May 21st 2004, 7:52 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by irishmolly
You could always ask your husbands family members in Oz to sponsor you ???

That would be my suggestion too
Old May 21st 2004, 8:09 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine too !
Old May 21st 2004, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

PHIZA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Encouragement please

Originally posted by DeeWP
Well here I am, 15 years down the line from first applying to move to Australia but the one pregnancy followed by three more we have four children now and the burning desire to go to Oz has come back with a vengence.

My hubby is 45 this year and since we first applied back in '88 the rules have tightened so much I feel thoroughly fed up. I run my own business but not in the league the migration office want. I've got heaps of clients here in the UK I could take with me (my business is online see) and I've start trying to get clients from Aus (got one so far and negotiating with another).

My hubby has an Aunt and two cousins out there, and I'm on MSN twice a day at the moment just keeping in touch. It's driving me loopy. I soooo want to be there but it seems everything is against us. We'd be moving to Nowra if we can get in.

Any hope of things changing for the better by 2006, is that when they review the procedure, or will it get worse?

Need a bit of encouragement really. Don't you just feel like crashing through the red tape and saying "Look guys my heart is in Australia, can't you let my body follow in it's wake?!"

Just a thought, if your hubby is 45 this year then you need to get a move on and try to sort something out as soon as poss or it will be too late!:scared:
45 is the cut off age for most Visa catagories.
Old May 21st 2004, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

robinvanboxel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Encouragement please

Originally posted by DeeWP

Hi Dee
I know exactly where your coming from. We decided about six months ago after lots of soul searching that YES Australia was for us. We foolishly thought that because my husbands mum dad and brother were there (his dad now has an aussie passport) and also my brother and his family we would have no problem getting in. It soon became apparent that because my mum was here that was not the case. Also due to changes in the business visas , we, like you dont qualify, its crazy really because we both have a good business here that produces a good income, but not enough to satisfy the new business visa regs. So we have decided that we might go in on a student visa its not ideal but heh if we can get there we will give it a go. Dont give up if you really want to get there you will.
Liz