Reload this Page >

Employment what do you do?

Wikiposts

Employment what do you do?

Old Oct 7th 2003, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

morning all,
I'm a nurse and hubby is a physio. I'm quite happy to carry on wiping bums etc once we get to Oz but I know Dave would like a change - don't know what to though.

Claire
Old Oct 7th 2003, 10:53 pm
Vee
BE Enthusiast

Vee is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a PA and hubby is in IT - something to do with the financial sector and SWIFT payments.

Both looking to do something different once we reach Australia and have settled down a bit.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 10:55 pm
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
LOL Pete & seang

Jon (I think its Jon!), yes, Dagboy loves his job. Never happier than when hes being a geek .

Although looking at some of the other posters in here & the what you earn thread, if he ever gets sick of it he can always go back to engineering!

Yes it is Jon. I just like being anonymous.

And you see I think the geek thing is my problem. I'm not geeky enough. I need to get more geeky. I just plucked an IT career out of thin air cos I didn't know what else to do and the money looked good. That's asking for trouble isn't it
Old Oct 7th 2003, 11:27 pm
farmer nr Queenstown NZ

deedee is on a distinguished road

no prizes for guessing what we do......dossers really,a lame excuse for sitting on a tractor shouting "ger off ar laaaaaand".
Old Oct 7th 2003, 11:31 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: Employment what do you do?

Hi dotty,
I'm an Incorporated Mechanical Engineer working in the Automotive industry. The wife is a support teacher, who is at home at the moment since the school year hasjust started.

Bye
Markeh
Old Oct 7th 2003, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

I'm a Civil/Structural CAD Technician (draughtsman!)

anything from houses to Nuclear Power Stations, Offices to Oil Refineries.

Wife is currently a "homemaker" (LOL), was a Support Worker (Care Assistant! lol) and is hoping to become a Nurse b4 we go to OZ.
Old Oct 8th 2003, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by dotty
As we all had to fess up how much we earn yesterday, howabout a thread which says what you do for a living.

Me own company, imports.
Me - secretary for Countrywide Estate Agents,
hubby - self employed plasterer!
regards
rach
Old Oct 8th 2003, 12:17 am
arg
Forum Regular

arg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dotty
As we all had to fess up how much we earn yesterday, howabout a thread which says what you do for a living.

Me own company, imports.

Me & hubby make rubber gaskets (or did do till we sold the business so we can finance our new beach bum lifestyle)
Old Oct 8th 2003, 12:18 am
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone,

I'm a nurse in gynaecology (no jokes about being able to paint my hallway through a letterbox please!!!)

Hubby is a manager for BT.

Old Oct 8th 2003, 12:52 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jandjuk
Yes it is Jon. I just like being anonymous.

And you see I think the geek thing is my problem. I'm not geeky enough. I need to get more geeky. I just plucked an IT career out of thin air cos I didn't know what else to do and the money looked good. That's asking for trouble isn't it
Ahh sorry, just wasnt sure cos sometimes you sign your posts Jon & sometimes you dont, so didnt know if JandJ was a Mr & Mrs UK or something like that . I'll let you be anonymous again now .

As for the geeky thing, I could think of worse things to pluck out of thin air or other places than an IT job .
Old Oct 8th 2003, 2:28 am
WBB

seems like every other person here is in I.T

i am a chemist and work within the semi-conductor industry here in the U.K, i am sure that there will be a huge demand for my skills in oz

i might have to have a rethink or change of direction,maybe I.T...lol

Old Oct 8th 2003, 3:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

For the next 2 days I'm a fingerprint technician for the Uk police. (well, at least its not IT!).
After that I shall be a kept woman until someone in Oz decides to employ me doing something - anything, I'm not proud (not at first anyway - might get fussy later!)
Old Oct 8th 2003, 3:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys
I'm a housewife (who can't clean...), formerly a primary school teacher and hope to train to be a school psychologist when bubs grows up.
Hubby is an environmental engineer, with Health, Safety, training and quality tacked on the end. Quite stressful as he works in the construction industry and so h&s is important.
Larissa
Old Oct 8th 2003, 3:47 am
Forum Regular

Zebra4 is on a distinguished road

I'm a check-out chick. Own business.
Old Oct 8th 2003, 4:02 am
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a wall and floor tiler, but might have a change in oz to ....a pimp maybe? or IT .....gold-digger sounds like a good career move

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.