Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Employment what do you do?

Wikiposts

Employment what do you do?

Old Oct 7th 2003, 3:20 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
Mrs Dagboy have you though about entering the workplace?
Bondi, I used to do customer service (IT helpdesk & call centre) work. But because of various things that have happened in our life & different reasons (mainly kids) I havent worked for the last couple of years.

For now Ive put it off until the boys start school fulltime next year, but once they settle in I will be either looking for work or doing some study. Cant wait!
Old Oct 7th 2003, 3:21 pm
Nov 27th 2003: Brisbane

BrisbaneBrummie is an unknown quantity at this point

Shift supervisor for Toyoda-koki, a sub company of Toyota, building Axle components and Power steering.

Started climbing the ladder of becoming a football coach, and hold UEFA C badge qualification, but for one reason and another, had to give up coaching a couple of years ago. I would love it, I tell you LOVE IT, to return to coaching for a living when I settle in Oz.....alas it does not pay well.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 3:22 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Employment what do you do?

Originally posted by dotty

And no to the PM that just came in I do not import drugs
LOL
Old Oct 7th 2003, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Deleted that looks like I cant read.

Last edited by dotty; Oct 7th 2003 at 3:40 pm.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 3:24 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Bondi, I used to do customer service (IT helpdesk & call centre) work. But because of various things that have happened in our life & different reasons (mainly kids) I havent worked for the last couple of years.

For now Ive put it off until the boys start school fulltime next year, but once they settle in I will be either looking for work or doing some study. Cant wait!
Is there any decent option of distance learning in Aus? Like the OU in the UK? Just I also fancy returning to do an MSC or sumfink!
Old Oct 7th 2003, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Sandra
Is there any decent option of distance learning in Aus? Like the OU in the UK? Just I also fancy returning to do an MSC or sumfink!
There is, a mate of mine is becoming a shrink/Dr Phil (cant spell the proper word) duh, however she has to go to Armidale a few times a year, someone else did a business course that way too.
Plenty of Distance ed here it seems.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 3:28 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by MrsDagboy

I remember my mum slowly going nuts because of boredom in the US. She eventually did some volunteer teaching work for free as partners do not get work rights on US sponsored visas.

Despite all the crap she gets from working as a primary school teacher she would hate to be doing nothing.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 4:05 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jayr
Didn't you used to be a gold digger?
Yeah, I did that a few years back.

And I'm not really a pimp I'm an IT support person at the UWA.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 4:42 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by renth
Yeah, I did that a few years back.

And I'm not really a pimp I'm an IT support person at the UWA.
If you grew that beard back you could be on OU.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Originally posted by bondipom
If you grew that beard back you could be on OU.
Husband Mental Health Nurse...

Me.. Life Skills Tutor / Mental Health Support Worker.

I used to own a London taxi company, but sooooooo glad i stopped!!!
Old Oct 7th 2003, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

My husband is the General Manager of a large 5* deluxe hotel on the Med. coast. Before the children I worked as Operations Manager for a Tour Operator.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Unemployed IT consultant

Unemployed Social Worker

Now trainee beach bums.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm an assistant for the Government and Media Relations depts of a oil and gas company. Generally have a PR/Corporate Affairs background.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

BritboyNZ is an unknown quantity at this point

For my sins - IT Contractor (networking/security/with a bit of telecoms, mostly voice over IP thrown in)

Russ.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

Iceblock is an unknown quantity at this point

IT again. Trying to get work in the Telecoms area but things are quite slow at the moment....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.