Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Employment in OZ

Employment in OZ

Old Jan 10th 2006, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all
Default Employment in OZ

Hi all.
Me and my wife will be heading off to Melbourne in the next few months as
I have been offered a job there as a Risk Managment Consultant. We will be going out there initially on 457 visa for a while and then may apply for the PR.
Just a bit concerned for my wife and what her prospects will be in finding a job once she is in Melbourne. I know she wont be restricted on this Visa and is not limited in that respect but will she find it hard to find a job as she is only on a temp visa. She currently works as an Accounts Assistant and I am sure there will be plenty decent suitable jobs there for here but will she be at the back of the queue as its a temp visa and find it hard to secure employment?
Has anybody had similar experiences of this when getting to Oz? I may be worrying a bit too much but she is wanting to work when she gets there as its also a good way to meet new people?