Reload this Page >

employer nomination scheme

Wikiposts

employer nomination scheme

Old Sep 5th 2003, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

tosh cambridge is an unknown quantity at this point
Default employer nomination scheme

employer sponsored nomination .How long???

I am in the process of being sponsored as a Nurse to work in Newcastle. Does anyone know how long this will take, seem to be getting nowhere fast!!!!!

Also what restrictions will the visa have?

Thanks (kath) the missus!
Old Sep 13th 2003, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

weefi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: employer nomination scheme

Originally posted by tosh cambridge

I am in the process of being sponsored as a Nurse to work in Newcastle. Does anyone know how long this will take, seem to be getting nowhere fast!!!!!

Hi,
I got my PR through employer sponsorship which took about 2 months!! I had a bit of an advantage cos I had worked for them(as a nurse!) for nearly 2 years prior to coming back to UK. I initially went out on a temp.long term business visa (457)which can last up to 4 years,helped along the way by Geneva Health International who I'd recommend for advice.
Can't think of any restrictions apart from I have to work for my sponsors for 12 months,fair enough when you think what they've done for me!!
Does this help?
Good luck
Fi

Brisbane Dec
Old Sep 13th 2003, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

jwatsonoz will become famous soon enough

Hi,

I'm a university lecturer/researcher and I emigrated to Brisbane through the Employer Nomination Scheme.

It took a while for the university to convince the government that nobody else [australian] could do the job (3 months). You will probably skip this step if your profession is already idetified as an occupation in demand area - nursing should be. But after the job was cleared it tookonly 2 weeks for my front loaded application to be processed by Australia House London.

I wasn't aware of any restriction on my visa. I don't think there is a requirment to stay with the sponsoring company after you get the visa.

As far as I know, the company only has the option to pull the plug prior to the PR visa being granted. Afterwards, they can't do anything. They probably do one last check with the company before granting the visa.

However, I have signed a contract with my company that states that I have to repay the costs of my re-location pro-rata if I leave them within 3 years. But, I believe this has nothing to do with immigration- just a private contract between them and I.

hope this helps.

by the way: send off for your police checks now, and get the medical forms off Australia house and do the medicals now. You should front load your application as it will make processing for this fast track visa easier for them. I'm sure that mine got processed very quickly because I'd done all the work in advance.

Originally posted by weefi
Hi,
I got my PR through employer sponsorship which took about 2 months!! I had a bit of an advantage cos I had worked for them(as a nurse!) for nearly 2 years prior to coming back to UK. I initially went out on a temp.long term business visa (457)which can last up to 4 years,helped along the way by Geneva Health International who I'd recommend for advice.
Can't think of any restrictions apart from I have to work for my sponsors for 12 months,fair enough when you think what they've done for me!!
Does this help?
Good luck
Fi

Brisbane Dec
Old Sep 13th 2003, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

jasonK944 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Employer Sponsored

We had initailly planned to go down the skilled independent route for PR and so organised medicals, police checks as well as the ANCI assessment and NSW registration. Then I was offered sponsorship by a hospital. When I submitted the application to DIMA it was accepted in less than 2 weeks. We have no restrictions on our PR VIsa.
Old Sep 13th 2003, 9:27 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tosh cambridge

hi kath,
I initially applied through geneva, like weefi, and I too found them very helpful. have delayed applying because of childcare costs in oz, but from reading round this forum and the austimeline site it only takes a couple of months at the most. your sponsor should be doing all the paperwork for you so all you have to pay for are your medicals and flights. look at austimeline.com and enter the visa clas your sponsor is applying for you under - that will give you a realistic timeframe of how things could proceed. Nurses are fast-tracked at the moment; if you apply for PR in the independant skilled class, if you frontload your application you should find this only takes around 6 months at the most.
there was one nurse who obtained pr within 6 WEEKS of applying!
Whoever is sponsoring you should be keeping you updated on a VERY regular basis - although I never filled in a form geneva were very good at emailing regularly and very understanding when we decided not to proceed. You do need that support!!!
hope thats helpful.

good luck and let us all know how you get on!!

Sue
Old Sep 14th 2003, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

tosh cambridge is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Employer Sponsored

Originally posted by jasonK944
We had initailly planned to go down the skilled independent route for PR and so organised medicals, police checks as well as the ANCI assessment and NSW registration. Then I was offered sponsorship by a hospital. When I submitted the application to DIMA it was accepted in less than 2 weeks. We have no restrictions on our PR VIsa.
Cheers... sounds promising... will keep u posted