Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emotions - now you're going

Emotions - now you're going

Old Jun 13th 2006, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Emotions - now you're going

am I alone in going through every single emotion that you have. last night I started to wonder if I really wanted to leave my close cirlce of mates. this morning my stomach has butterflies at the thought of going - yes I'm excited at the prospect of going in September. Then I look at all the cr*p that I have to sort out want to cry. Later this afternoon I know that things will be okay again.

I've got a headache thinking about all the things that have to be done. I'm going into work (I left there a month ago) to spend some time with my little angels before I come back and do some more chucking out!

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old Jun 13th 2006, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Emotions - now you're going

Debra,

You poor thing, many on here will tell you what a rolla coaster the whole process is - its very natural to be feeling the way you do, look at your original motivation and think of that.

Where abouts in Berks are you and where are you going, sometimes looking forward can help.

We are also from Berks and now in Brisbane, well a place about 45mins away.

Your not alone, you just feel it, take baby steps and just get chucking out the stuff you know you won't need, it can be very cathartic.

Good luck and chin up

Tracey
Old Jun 13th 2006, 10:33 am
Missing my family so much

H143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud of

Yes it's a very stressful process and can affect you in many different ways.

Just remember that it's an exciting new adventure, but that you can go back to England at any time if you're not enjoying yourself!
Old Jun 13th 2006, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzy dog
Debra,

You poor thing, many on here will tell you what a rolla coaster the whole process is - its very natural to be feeling the way you do, look at your original motivation and think of that.

Where abouts in Berks are you and where are you going, sometimes looking forward can help.

We are also from Berks and now in Brisbane, well a place about 45mins away.

Your not alone, you just feel it, take baby steps and just get chucking out the stuff you know you won't need, it can be very cathartic.

Good luck and chin up

Tracey
thanks feeling a bit better this afternoon, went into the nursery for some fun with the children.
i'm from Langley near Slough (a good reason to go)
Old Jun 13th 2006, 4:24 pm
hjw
helenj

hjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud of

hi Debra,
i asked the same thing the other night we are going in July to Perth and i am doing my own head in with worrying. Ive thrown so much out its unbelievable..
I am still working (in special needs class) and am only finishing when the term ends for schools and then leaving a few days later.
am having a bad day today and could sit and cry for hours, but like you i will be fine tomorrw. I twill all be woth it in the end.
Have fun
helen
Old Jun 13th 2006, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Debrah

Its the chucking out that is the hardest thing, all the memories and urges to cling onto stuff that will never be used again. We have cleared out so much in the last 2 months and still have stuff to get rid off and we leave in a week! :scared:

The boot of my car is full of old books and videos which I don't know what to do with, oh yea, I need to get rid of the car also!
Old Jun 13th 2006, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Debrah

Its the chucking out that is the hardest thing, all the memories and urges to cling onto stuff that will never be used again. We have cleared out so much in the last 2 months and still have stuff to get rid off and we leave in a week! :scared:

The boot of my car is full of old books and videos which I don't know what to do with, oh yea, I need to get rid of the car also!
blimey a week!!!!!

toys i've passed onto other family or the nursery where I worked. the same for kids books, but our local library accepts donations if the books are in a reasonable condition. so there's a bag going there tomorrow as i think the charity shop has enough of our junk for the time being.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 6:33 pm
toplad

Originally Posted by DebraH
blimey a week!!!!!

toys i've passed onto other family or the nursery where I worked. the same for kids books, but our local library accepts donations if the books are in a reasonable condition. so there's a bag going there tomorrow as i think the charity shop has enough of our junk for the time being.

emptied loft into my mates house, she took the lot.school is having a summer fair so rest of items are going there. we fly out on the 20th of july just after our youngest has been in her school play. one minute i'm excited the next i'm scared,the kids and OH also changing moods daily. will be glad when we are in auz.

Old Jun 13th 2006, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

loopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really nice

hiya,

if its any consolation i cried when we threw out our thread bear setee, cried when our neighbour very lovingly took away our cat, cried when all the neighbours came in to say goodbye, cried when i cleaned the house for the last time, cried when i had to go to my mothers, it felt like all the stability was taken away. we fly out in approx 5 weeks and i have to be totally honest in that i am shitting myself, we still have to say our goodbyes yet especially the family. who knows how things will turn out for any of us, but at least we are trying. good luck and we are all in the same boat and there is so much support on this forum that you are never alone.

louise
Originally Posted by toplad
emptied loft into my mates house, she took the lot.school is having a summer fair so rest of items are going there. we fly out on the 20th of july just after our youngest has been in her school play. one minute i'm excited the next i'm scared,the kids and OH also changing moods daily. will be glad when we are in auz.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 8:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't bothered about this move at all, until I told my son we had booked the flights. I really have no reservations about moving, and I am not worried about any of it but I will miss my son and it is the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life. I'm just holding on to the fact that he will be out there for xmas. I don't know how I'd cope if he didn't want to come at all. Maybe I wouldn't go.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by WendyC
I haven't bothered about this move at all, until I told my son we had booked the flights. I really have no reservations about moving, and I am not worried about any of it but I will miss my son and it is the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life. I'm just holding on to the fact that he will be out there for xmas. I don't know how I'd cope if he didn't want to come at all. Maybe I wouldn't go.
that must be really hard - I hope he does go out there - find he loves it and then join you. glad that I haven't got that to add to list of worries / things to do.

still can't send you karma Wendy
Old Jun 13th 2006, 8:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

that must be really hard - I hope he does go out there - find he loves it and then join you. glad that I haven't got that to add to list of worries / things to do.

still can't send you karma Wendy
No worries (see I'm practising already )

It will all turn out in the wash as my Mum used to say
Old Jun 13th 2006, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

No worries (see I'm practising already )

It will all turn out in the wash as my Mum used to say
do you find yourself saying things that your mum/dad or grandparents used to say - i do - must be getting old
Old Jun 13th 2006, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

do you find yourself saying things that your mum/dad or grandparents used to say - i do - must be getting old

All the time

When you were a kid you used to think "I'd never say that" and now you are
Old Jun 13th 2006, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

All the time

When you were a kid you used to think "I'd never say that" and now you are
I know - now I think god my parents were so wise and clever

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.