Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emotional rollacoaster!

Emotional rollacoaster!

Old Mar 7th 2009, 8:34 am
Just Joined

jessieheha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Emotional rollacoaster!

Hi, I'm sure this has been raised a million times already but any how- We told our parents in january of our plans to move to Aus, at the time they said although they would miss us they would'nt stand in the way of a possible better life. Yesterday I went to their house and made some comment about moving and my dad said "oh your really going then, we thought you were just thinking about it, we dont want you to go". I feel terrible now, my mum had realised we were serious as she has told loads of her friends and she said they are sad but we must do whats best for us.
It's an emotional rollercoaster this emigrating, we go from being scared, to excited to having doubts just wanted to know how others deal with these things
Jess
Old Mar 7th 2009, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

jenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nice
Default Re: Emotional rollacoaster!

at least your mum didn't just start crying saying what would be of me now that i'll be all alone link mine did
Old Mar 7th 2009, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

carlalesemily will become famous soon enough

hi

You are defo not alone there, my mum thinks it is a great idea, and she is saying that once we are settled she would like to come over and stay if she can, however my dad does not want to talk about it, he said to my mum that is is her fault we are going, cause she is encouraging us. But we would be going anyway.

One day I feel great about it, then the next I am thinking god are we doing the right thing, But I think for the future of my children, it is the best thing.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 10:40 am
Just Joined

settlersfromsomerset is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Emotional rollacoaster!

Hi
We have been out here 8 weeks and appreciate all you are going through,its not easy leaving all your friends and family and if you think telling them is hard wait until you do the final goodbye!
We were lucky and our family were really good about us coming however you do miss them and its strange being somewhere you don't know anyone at all!
On the great front the weather here is amazing so warm and sunny,the beaches are golden and clean,we have managed to get jobs within a month of being here and we're loving the laid back lifestyle,so stick with what you want to do and don't worry once you're here they'll all be dying to visit!
Sian and Nigel
Old Mar 7th 2009, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

andy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to allandy w is a name known to all

think most of us have been there. for me the hardest part was that my sis had already left with 3 grandchildren and we were doing the same with the forth leaving none for my mum. she now has six grandchildren all living in aus. She is coming for a visit 11 days so at last she will see why.
Hope it all goes well. x x x
Old Mar 7th 2009, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Sparky Making will become famous soon enoughSparky Making will become famous soon enough

Exactly how I am feeling and we havn't even told anyone yet! D Day is this week. One minute I am so excited, am sure my two boys will love it out there and am grateful to have the opportunity to try it. Then I wake at 3 in the morning and go cold! We applied for our VISA in December and then changed to state sponsership to speed things up as we do not want our eldest boy to start his secondary school here.

We are hopefully going to sell our house and give it a good go.

As you say like a rollercoaster.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 11:54 am
Just Joined

jessieheha is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much for all your replies it was loving reading them, just knowing other people go through the same things really helps. After standing outside for 3 hours in the freezing cold while youngest son plays football for 5 minutes makes the hot weather in Aus even more inviting