Emotional

Old May 3rd 2005, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJL family will become famous soon enoughJJL family will become famous soon enough
Default Emotional

Hi all,

It was my last day at work on friday (been there 19 years) although i'd been looking forward to leaving & did'nt think that i'd get upset........i did especially when the girls handed me a keepsake book. They'd put pictures, poems & good luck messages inside, only read one and broke down, found it really hard. Takes something like this to make you realise just how much people care, & vice versa.

Went out that night with a few of them (had far to much to like you do) had a really good night, going to do it again before we go.

Anyway getting to the point of the thread, woke up this morning (no work to got to) I just broke down.....The enormity of what we're doing is finally kicking in, i'm feeling very emotional, scared & teary.......not been able to shake it off all day......NO job NO house (lodging with friends since selling house in january) and soon NO car.

Hope i don't feel like this eveyday, because at the moment i feel totally lost......can't imagine not having my friends & family around to support me.

Sorry for rambling just need to get it off my chest.

lesley
Old May 3rd 2005, 2:08 pm
Shaz

Shazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant future
Default Re: Emotional

Aww lesley, sending you a big ((((((hug)))))). My friend came rount this morning & she was saying that she's going to miss me & it made me cry, like you I am also feeling a little teary today, dont know why

I suppose you get used to your family & friends around you & its like a berevement when they're not there, just like to wish you well & you'll soon be enjoying meeting new friends down under
Old May 3rd 2005, 2:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Its hard, but its real, and just remember why you are putting yourself through it! I hate to tell you, but it will probably feel like a mixture of fear and excitement every single day till you get here.
Make sure you keep safe the stuff they gave you from work - I worked in a fingerprint unit and they all signed a set of prints for me - I found it when moving house last month and treasure the memories it brought back. Remember also that the people who gave you the keepsake stuff are your friends, wherever you are and they will still support you even if only by email and text mesage.
Its all part of the journey, lots of us have been there and are living it again with you.

Keep smiling, keep remembering why you are coming
Polly
x
Old May 3rd 2005, 2:11 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

hi jjl
it is really hard isn't it. but keep your chin up and soon things will settle down. the rollercoaster of emotions is draining but the possitive side is that you will become so much stronger, just by having made such an enormous step. before we went we felt really shxxxy but the funny thing is that as soon as you leave the airport and are sitting on your flight, because all the emotional stuff has been left at departures you suddenly get a new lease of energy. engoy it. it's great.
all the best for the future. you will be fine.
louise
Old May 3rd 2005, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJL family will become famous soon enoughJJL family will become famous soon enough

Polly

Thanks girls......oh and polly, count me in on the next brissy girls outing.

lesley
Old May 3rd 2005, 2:20 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JJL family
Polly

Thanks girls......oh and polly, count me in on the next brissy girls outing.

lesley
No probs! See you there!!!