Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emmigration flights through Australia House

Emmigration flights through Australia House

Old Nov 25th 2007, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of
Default Emmigration flights through Australia House

We had a travel agent yesterday tell us Australia House can arrange emmigration one-way flights way cheaper than an agent can get them.

Has anyone else heard this? It sounds a bit dubious to me...
Old Nov 25th 2007, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emmigration flights through Australia House

Originally Posted by James516
We had a travel agent yesterday tell us Australia House can arrange emmigration one-way flights way cheaper than an agent can get them.

Has anyone else heard this? It sounds a bit dubious to me...
I'd very much doubt that. There is however a travel agent near Australia house that does flights. Maybe that's what they meant?
Old Nov 25th 2007, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
I'd very much doubt that. There is however a travel agent near Australia house that does flights. Maybe that's what they meant?
Yep you get a website to contact with your visa paper work but you have to give several dates and you have to pay up front and wait for the paperwork to come through after they take the money.

We got a quote from em but decided it wasnt really worth the uncertantiy.

(sorry 4 Spellings)

Cannot remember the site name either sorry
Old Nov 25th 2007, 8:26 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
The mean the International Organisation for Migration:
http://www.iom.int
Old Nov 25th 2007, 8:30 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mum01753
Yep you get a website to contact with your visa paper work but you have to give several dates and you have to pay up front and wait for the paperwork to come through after they take the money.

We got a quote from em but decided it wasnt really worth the uncertantiy.

(sorry 4 Spellings)

Cannot remember the site name either sorry
we looked into it also. but what you were saving wasnt worth the hassle...and you had to fly BA and Qantas...I would rather have gone by boat lol
Old Nov 25th 2007, 10:45 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

We found they were more expensive than the flights we ended up booking ourselves. Do some legwork on your own and you'll get the flights you want and probably a better price.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

muffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant future

Hi there ... not thru Oz house but we opened a migrants account with the Commonwealth Bank Australia (London Branch) before we moved over in autumn 2006 and thru that my wife and son (I came over later) got one way flights on Qantas ... LHR to Brissie for I think about 350 sterling each and double baggage allowance which is really useful. Flights were flexible and permitted a stopover for a few days in Singapore ... think I booked them about 2/3 months in advance.

Other advantage of the migrants account with the CBA is that money transferred is at a commercial ie better than personal rate and there is no fee if you are transferring more than 30k ... it's open for two years after you move and once you've transferred once it's dead easy

Hope that helps ... Cheers ... David