Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emirates- What are kids meals like?

Emirates- What are kids meals like?

Old Feb 22nd 2006, 7:28 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Emirates- What are kids meals like?

Searched the forum and cannot find an answer :
We fly to Melbourne in April and our 7 year old is stressed about food on the plane. Last year we flew Japan Airlines and it was (suprisingly) Japanese food hence the worry.
Can anyone tell us what kind of children's meals Emirates serve to calm our daughter?
Thanks in advance. x
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 7:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emirates- What are kids meals like?

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
We fly to Melbourne in April and our 7 year old is stressed about food on the plane. Last year we flew Japan Airlines and it was (suprisingly) Japanese food hence the worry.
Can anyone tell us what kind of children's meals Emirates serve to calm our daughter?
Thanks in advance. x

Sorry, don't know the answer.

Can't you pack her some sandwiches and things up just in case she doesn't like what they are serving. Or ring the airline and put in a request.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 7:46 pm
Here and loving it!

cheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in advance. x
Hi

Our kids have loved the food believe it or not! Its quite regular stuff like nuggets and smiley faces or sausage and mash or omlette and beans.......Nothing spectacular but then nothing strange either!

Hope thats some help

Cheri x
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Our kids didn't eat a thing I thought that the breakfast's were disgusting! .....A hard muffin, roll, mars bar and a banana & Apple juice which smelt of sick!! the only good part was a banana

To be honest we wasn't very impressed and would recommend to take some extra food for the kids, even snacks as the kids didn't like them either. My son is a bit of a fussy eater, but my daughters not even she didn't like it.

Sue x
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

My kids were fine,6 and 8 in age ,got their meal in a kids plastic lunchbox,which they could keep,also got a decent watch with each meal,we ended up with 12,to hand out when we got home.carton of juice,friut,cereal in a tub.Also fruit muesli type bars that they didnt particulary like.I couldnt fault them,they even came round in the middle of the night with mars bars,kitkats etc and they kept me well oiled throughout the flight,ie double vodka for brekkie,well my body clock was all out.
dont worry they wont go hungry.
donna
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 11:36 pm

Scotty123 is an unknown quantity at this point

depends where you flight is to and from eg. from heathrow to hong kong it will be "englishy" food and then from hong kong to syndey or wherever it will be "hong kongy" type food... well thats what I found anyway..
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 7:28 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh I've been wondering this too - I was asked if I wanted to order a kids meal and I said it depends, if it's burgers and nuggets and things like that he won't be interested cus he likes proper food - the agent said don't bother then as it's likely to be that. So I've stuck with an adult meal. However, the free watches and chocolate bars are something he'd definately love!! Now I'm in a dilemma
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 7:46 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

"On the ground
You can pre-book seats, children's meals or any other special meal, just let our Reservations team know and we will be pleased to make the arrangements. We offer a selection of meals, especially planned to appeal to the younger palate. You can request a special meal when you book your child's ticket or at least 24 hours prior to departure. There is a variety to choose from - food items like burgers, chicken/fish fingers, French fries, chocolate, fruit and crisps, all presented on a specially designed tray set-up. Special meals are available for vegetarians and specific dietary requirements as well."
From the emirates site - http://www.emirates.com/uk/traveller...passengers.asp
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

avroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really niceavroncotton is just really nice

We're not veggies, but we ordered vegetarian meals. You always get yours before everyone else, and I thought the meals were really good. Our son had the veggie meal too and he liked it. Thumbs up to Emirates!
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 9:38 am
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Emirates- What are kids meals like?

Thanks for all your replies, she is looking forward to it now.... she thinks it will be like Mc Donalds!
Going to phone Emirates and request children's meal.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 12:24 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

We are also flying to Melbourne in April via Emirates.
13th from Gatwick to Dubai, then Singapore and Melbourne.

If you are sitting near us we are the "McDonalds" our daughter is also a fussy eater but only for good food.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

AliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant future

Thanks for all your replies, she is looking forward to it now.... she thinks it will be like Mc Donalds!
Going to phone Emirates and request children's meal.

I think your daughter will have a lovely time. Emirates is pretty good for kids IMHO. They have cuddly toys at the start of the flight and the plastic meal boxes are fun. Some of the food may not be so great but the watches, toys and chocolate biscuits make up for it. Lets face it flights are about keeping kids happy not for healthy/gourmet eating. I always travel with juice, crisps and other favourite nibbles for our kids. My daughter played Connect 4 for about 2 hours- the individual screens are fab. Enjoy your flight

Ali
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

Sorry to hijack the thread but we are headed out to Perth in March with our two aged 1 and 4 (Singapor airlines) any idea what their food is like (we have ordered two childrens meals) and another question if anyone could help that would be great - we fly at 10am to Singapore do they ever dim the lights on that flight. We actually leave Singapore around 9am local time so I presume they wont on that flight. Just worried about littlies and getting NO sleep at all.

Thanks Lindsey
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 7:01 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Singapore Airlines are great with kids.

We have taken our 2 year old to Singapore 3 times and twice on with us to Melbourne.
Meals should be fine the London to Singapore Leg - dont really know why the standard drops from Singapore to Melbourne leg but still miles better than some other airlines. We flew business class while our daughter and nanny flew economy. On the occasional visit back to see how she was the lights were dimmed and apart from her watching Nemo about 7 times she slept quite well.

Good Luck
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 8:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nurselindsey
Sorry to hijack the thread but we are headed out to Perth in March with our two aged 1 and 4 (Singapor airlines) any idea what their food is like (we have ordered two childrens meals) and another question if anyone could help that would be great - we fly at 10am to Singapore do they ever dim the lights on that flight. We actually leave Singapore around 9am local time so I presume they wont on that flight. Just worried about littlies and getting NO sleep at all.

Thanks Lindsey
The airlines almost always dim the lights on longhaul flights - if people want to read they have individual lights, and the cabin crew have a much easier time if the lights are dimmed and people start to fall asleep!

I haven't flown Singapore, but they seem to be the most highly rated airline on the forum if travelling with kids

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.