Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emirates Vs Singapore Airlines anyone?

Emirates Vs Singapore Airlines anyone?

Old Sep 11th 2008, 12:30 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emirates Vs Singapore Airlines anyone?

The air hostess on Singapore changed our babies nappy, loved them ever since
Can you imagine that happening on a Qantas flight
Old Sep 11th 2008, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

MillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really nice

Originally Posted by themerlin
Bloomin eck!!!
Old Sep 11th 2008, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin

*the sound of parents stampeding to book their next flight with Singapore*
Old Sep 11th 2008, 1:01 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

I would say Singapore.... Flew Emirates last year & cabin crew were pants
Dubai airport was like a cattle market Saying that we did only have a 2 hour stop over so it wasn't too bad.
We are however flying with them again in Nov!!! Only because it was £800 cheaper & we thought it was only gonna be a one way trip but, as the house hasn't sold we've got to come back again
Old Sep 11th 2008, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Flown both - definately Singapore without a doubt. Both airports are nice but Dubai always seems to be so bloody crowded and as other have said you'd be lucky to find a seat!
We're off in December and I'm coming back in Jan to a wedding - definately be on Singapore, in fact I don't think I will fly anyone else!
Old Sep 11th 2008, 2:35 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

I've flown most over the years, but admittedly not Singapore for many years (following an awful flight when I swore never again but that could have been a one off).
Since then pretty much stuck to Emirates as their times always work out best for us woth respect to arrival and departure times. Also not having the 13hr sector is brilliant - 10.5 seems a breeze! Also their frequent flyer seems good.
A lot of comments on here are valid - the airport is always crowded but beyond that they're fine, never had a bad flight with them - some better than others but never bad.

If we do come the other way used Malaysian on several occasions and also excellent.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough

We are flying with singapore to sydney on saturday and am going to bring a portable DVD player for our little one so she can watch "bear in the big blue house".
I heard that they will let you charge it up if needs be or that there are chargers in the seats (or is that only 1st class?).
Am I right?
Old Sep 11th 2008, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

douser is an unknown quantity at this point

We're hoping to fly with Singapore airlines in the middle of October. They fly the A380 on some of the flights from heathrow to Singapore and if you check them out on seatguru they're a good bit wider than others. Singapore is great for a stopover as well. The night safari at the zoo is very good.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 9:09 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soulrebel
We are flying with singapore to sydney on saturday and am going to bring a portable DVD player for our little one so she can watch "bear in the big blue house".
I heard that they will let you charge it up if needs be or that there are chargers in the seats (or is that only 1st class?).
Am I right?
If you're flying on the A380 then you should be able to run the DVD player off the in seat power. Any other type of plane flying between London & Sydney only has this in business & first. Having said that the crew will often be happy to charge a battery up for you then bring it back once its done.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 10:21 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
*the sound of parents stampeding to book their next flight with Singapore*
Oh shit thats all i need,more screaming rats on my flight
Old Sep 11th 2008, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bcworld
If you're flying on the A380 then you should be able to run the DVD player off the in seat power. Any other type of plane flying between London & Sydney only has this in business & first. Having said that the crew will often be happy to charge a battery up for you then bring it back once its done.
Thanks Guys
It is the A380 we fly on to singapore and then a 747 to sydney. So we should be alright for the first leg anyway then and hopefully for the 2nd leg too if we ask them to do it for us.
Although I am hoping she sleeps for most of it.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Guys
It is the A380 we fly on to singapore and then a 747 to sydney. So we should be alright for the first leg anyway then and hopefully for the 2nd leg too if we ask them to do it for us.
Although I am hoping she sleeps for most of it.
BTW do we need an adaptor. Its an english 3 pin plug that we will have.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 10:32 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

I know, I was shocked as well. That type of good customer service makes you want to fly again with them
Originally Posted by MillsyandtheTroop
Bloomin eck!!!
Old Sep 11th 2008, 10:45 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look at this recent thread...there are some pics of the power socket....it looks strange but apparently UK plugs fit (or maybe they don't - just read the thread again??????)....Singapore & Malaysia use the same style.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=556676

Best to take a US style adapter just in case.

Last edited by bcworld; Sep 11th 2008 at 10:54 pm.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 11:04 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

OK....adapter it is...this is from the horse's mouth:

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...ainment/pc.jsp

The 110 V AC system supports Australian 2/3-pin, European 2-pin, Japanese 2/3-pin, and US 2/3-pin plugs. A universal adapter is required for plugs that are not compatible with the system. Passengers are advised to bring along the universal adapters for use onboard during the flight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.