Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emirates to Perth-10hr wait ?

Emirates to Perth-10hr wait ?

Old Oct 18th 2010, 5:31 pm

lancastrian48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Emirates to Perth-10hr wait ?

Hi

Seems theres a 10 hr delay connecting from Dubai onwardly to Perth on the Emirates website , used to be 2-3 hrs...do you know why this is at all ?

Pretty crushing journey with out a 10 hr wait to connect ??

Old Oct 18th 2010, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Emirates to Perth-10hr wait ?

One of the main reasons I will never fly Emirates again. Their flight connection times are horrendous, especially if you have children.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 8:35 pm
CEM
BE Enthusiast

CEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud of

We had this on our planned return journey from Melbourne (volcano meant we didn't have to do it in the end!) at Easter. I didn't want to be stuck in Dubai airport for 10 hours, so emirates booked us into the transit hotel foc, which seemed reasonable. Wouldn't want to do it with little children though.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nice

I noticed this last week, emirates seem to have changed their schedule from the two hour connection to the ten hours your saying. I'm looking at other routes now.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 11:28 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on the connection. What may have increased to 10 hours for an onward flight may have considerably shortened another UK airport's EK connection time or infact any other connecting European flight.

For example Emirates connection time PER to LHR is 2 - 3 hours which is reasonable and I'd want that in case of delays anyway (and luggage actually getting onboard).
Old Oct 18th 2010, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

sue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nice

Mine always been 2 hours so very quick.I would have a few days in Dubai as great place to see and if emergrating a place to chill!!
If not great place to shop Dubai airport have a shower,sleep etc.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 11:47 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I assume the OP was looking at Manchester?

I had a look at some random dates and the connection times in Dubai were 1h40m one direction and 2h20m the other.

There's 2 flights a day between MAN and DXB and 2 a day between PER and DXB so I don't think 10 hours is the shortest available connection.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 12:07 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bcworld
I assume the OP was looking at Manchester?

I had a look at some random dates and the connection times in Dubai were 1h40m one direction and 2h20m the other.

There's 2 flights a day between MAN and DXB and 2 a day between PER and DXB so I don't think 10 hours is the shortest available connection.
Wife has just returned from Manchester today and flew Emirates and those were the connection times.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

I noticed that their is an airport in the terminal. You dont need to go through immigration or out of the airport.
So people have a few hours sleep or stay overnight. Then feel much better on arrival.

But make sure you book the right hotel at your terminal.

However heard its books up quick.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 12:26 am
West is best!

oz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to all

Could it be the case that the earlier flight with the shorter connection time is full therefore not showing as an option when searching for flights?

Also if the connection time is more than 8 hours Emirates sometimes offer a free hotel with transfers, this might be worth looking into, I've used it before myself when travelling with the kids and it was great, meant getting a half decent kip and not hanging around the airport for the 10 hours.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 12:30 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, if the short connection flight is sold out it won't show you that option. Also, if the long connection happens to be $1 cheaper you may find that all of the decent connections appear on the second page of results.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 12:41 am
West is best!

oz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bcworld
Yes, if the short connection flight is sold out it won't show you that option. Also, if the long connection happens to be $1 cheaper you may find that all of the decent connections appear on the second page of results.
That's sneaky!
Old Oct 19th 2010, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

We're flying from Singapore to Birmingham with Emirates.

It took me until page 4 to find a routing with a short stopover in both directions but, when I found it, it was only a little bit more expensive.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 3:26 am
Just Joined

bellaleggos is an unknown quantity at this point

If you select the search by schedule option rather than search by price - the flight times come up first. I've just booked for my 2 yr old and myself to go back in Feb, Perth to LHR and I couldn't find any night flights until I realised it was easier to search by schedule first.