Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emirates - how do you rate them

Emirates - how do you rate them

Old Nov 24th 2006, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

markcrook is a jewel in the roughmarkcrook is a jewel in the roughmarkcrook is a jewel in the roughmarkcrook is a jewel in the roughmarkcrook is a jewel in the rough
Default Emirates - how do you rate them

This is probably a bit late as the flights are already booked but I thought I would see what folk think -

We are flying to Perth with Emirates on the 8th Jan from Manchester are they any good? They were the cheapest!

What is Dubai airport like as we have a couple of hours there, are any shops likely to be open over night as we are there between midnight and 2 am?

your thoughts please
Old Nov 24th 2006, 11:04 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emirates - how do you rate them

Originally Posted by markcrook
This is probably a bit late as the flights are already booked but I thought I would see what folk think -

We are flying to Perth with Emirates on the 8th Jan from Manchester are they any good? They were the cheapest!

What is Dubai airport like as we have a couple of hours there, are any shops likely to be open over night as we are there between midnight and 2 am?

your thoughts please
We've flown a few times with Emirates and were delighted with them - the staff and service were really good - food was good for airplane food and the films etc. was great. We've re-booked with them for our next flights.

Dubai airport is great - lots of shops and nice surroundings. Have fun.
Old Nov 24th 2006, 11:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

your thoughts please
As said, rest easy. Emirates are great and Dubai is consisently voted one of the top airports in the world and Dubai Duty Free wins best duty free so often the rest probably wish it was banned from the contest! We've used Emirates about 6 times from Manchester and a couple of times from Glasgow and they are clearly the best airline we've used. FWIW I'd rate Malaysia next than Cathay Pacific, Singapore, Qantas and BA. Lauda were as good as Emirates but they've been taken over by Austrian Airlines and I believe they've gone downhill.

If you've got the cheapest fares on arguably the best airline then lucky you!

OzTennis
Old Nov 24th 2006, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

callie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to beholdcallie.rocky is a splendid one to behold

best airline i've ever flown with and the cheapest. the downfall is Dubai airport - total chaos. make sure you and you're luggage are booked all the way through from UK and then you shouldn't have to do anything in Dubai airport other than walk from one gate to another. unless you're stopping over - in which case i've heard it's amazing

xx
Old Nov 24th 2006, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

I have flown with Malaysian, Royal Brunei and Qantas.............but Emirates is supposed to be the best!!
Old Nov 24th 2006, 11:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by callie.rocky
best airline i've ever flown with and the cheapest. the downfall is Dubai airport - total chaos. make sure you and you're luggage are booked all the way through from UK and then you shouldn't have to do anything in Dubai airport other than walk from one gate to another. unless you're stopping over - in which case i've heard it's amazing

xx
Haven't experienced the total chaos there but one tip - if you have any hand luggage, the first thing you do after clearing the passport and luggage checks for transit passengers is to find yourself a little hand trolley to put the hand luggage and eventually your duty free purchases in. Quite often the connections in Dubai to Australia flights involve a 3 or 4 hour wait (they do for Melbourne anyway) and you might want to think about paying to go into one of the lounges - chance to relax, shower, have a bit of grub and drink etc.

http://www.dubaiairport.com/dia/english/home/

OzTennis
Old Nov 24th 2006, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseD
We've flown a few times with Emirates and were delighted with them - the staff and service were really good - food was good for airplane food and the films etc. was great. We've re-booked with them for our next flights.

Dubai airport is great - lots of shops and nice surroundings. Have fun.
Hi LouiseD

Very pleased to read this, has put my mind at ease.

I am hoping to book flights with Emirates to London Heathrow for Christmas. I will be travelling with my 8 month old and my 5 year old, Hubby can't go, so not really looking forward to the travelling with the kids. But I expect with this airline I should be OK.

I haven't been back to the UK since I arrived in Australia five years ago :scared: So any advice about travelling alone with kids on Emirates would be appreciated. Anybody know which would be a good apartment to stay in for three nights in Dubai as I promised my five year old a stop over there to see the ski dome (or whatever it is called). And I fancy a bit of shopping !
Which area would a woman on her own with her two kids stay in? And I would hope to get a baby sitter while the older child and I go out to the dome. Advice please anybody.....
Old Nov 24th 2006, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Emirates are a lovely airline to fly with.

I have flown Malaysian too out here and rate them even better, only that i find the staff on board better, but then I can't fault Emirates staff, just that Malaysian have full marks.

The food on Emirates is very good.

I am returning on Emirates an because i want to feel good, I have gone completely bonkers and going Business Class.
Will I regret spending that money............................................. ...........
Na!!!!!! :scared:
Old Nov 24th 2006, 11:54 am
Just Joined

ericstane is just really niceericstane is just really niceericstane is just really niceericstane is just really niceericstane is just really niceericstane is just really niceericstane is just really niceericstane is just really nice

If staying over at Dubai, pay the £27 with Emirates and get the meet and greet service. One of their staff personally takes you all the way. It saves the queues and you are whisked through immigration, and on your onward journey again , no waiting, you get taken through staff access areas and save loads of time and hassle.
Old Nov 24th 2006, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whisky
Emirates are a lovely airline to fly with.

I have flown Malaysian too out here and rate them even better, only that i find the staff on board better, but then I can't fault Emirates staff, just that Malaysian have full marks.

The food on Emirates is very good.

I am returning on Emirates an because i want to feel good, I have gone completely bonkers and going Business Class.
Will I regret spending that money............................................. ...........
Na!!!!!! :scared:
I am on the verge of booking business class........
The price is very reasonable compared to other airlines business class prices.
I know I will have go economy though, have to try to be sensible. Although I might do the main parts to dubai economy and the Dubai to London in business class.

Are you doing a stopover in dubai?
Old Nov 24th 2006, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ericstane
If staying over at Dubai, pay the £27 with Emirates and get the meet and greet service. One of their staff personally takes you all the way. It saves the queues and you are whisked through immigration, and on your onward journey again , no waiting, you get taken through staff access areas and save loads of time and hassle.
That is great service. Will book that I think, especially with a baby, don't want to be hanging around frazzled.
Old Nov 24th 2006, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

I haven't flown with Emirates but have heard brilliant things about them. Everyone that I know that has flown with them, can't fault them.
Old Nov 24th 2006, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

ericstane is just really niceericstane is just really niceericstane is just really niceericstane is just really niceericstane is just really niceericstane is just really niceericstane is just really niceericstane is just really nice

We were put on a golf buggie,saved so much time. We have had 3 lots of family over recently and all used it and not had any problem. Just make sure when you check in at the departures before you leave that you have paid for the service. When you get off plane in Dubai someone will be holding a card or board with your name on it. When you arrive back at the airport in Dubai after your stay show the person at check in your meet and greet voucher and they then call a member of staff to take you through to departure lounge/ Duty free area........Good Luck....Malcolm.
Old Nov 24th 2006, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosie Cheeks
I am on the verge of booking business class........
The price is very reasonable compared to other airlines business class prices.
I know I will have go economy though, have to try to be sensible. Although I might do the main parts to dubai economy and the Dubai to London in business class.

Are you doing a stopover in dubai?
No, no stopover.
I booked it as i am going back alone and felt that if there were any delays or holdups I would feel happier and safer in the Business Lounge.
After these past few months I wanted to treat myself.
The leaving and the journey will be bad enough.

Whisky
Old Nov 24th 2006, 12:32 pm
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

your thoughts please
yep you did the right thing booking with Emirates...they are excellent...very comfortable flights..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.