Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emirates Flight - question

Emirates Flight - question

Old Sep 1st 2005, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

sid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nice
Default Emirates Flight - question

I think a few of you have used Emirates before. they seem to have a better one-way-deal than most so am thinking of doing this too. But I have a question about the Dubai stop. It seems that these need to be either really long (8hrs +) or really short (1hr 20mins). I want to go with the short one but wondered if anyone else has done this and if so is it long enough? did you change planes and have to pick up your luggage etc?
Old Sep 1st 2005, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

annajw has a spectacular aura aboutannajw has a spectacular aura aboutannajw has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Emirates Flight - question

Originally Posted by sid_s
I think a few of you have used Emirates before. they seem to have a better one-way-deal than most so am thinking of doing this too. But I have a question about the Dubai stop. It seems that these need to be either really long (8hrs +) or really short (1hr 20mins). I want to go with the short one but wondered if anyone else has done this and if so is it long enough? did you change planes and have to pick up your luggage etc?

You will change planes but your baggage will be tagged to go straight through to your Aus destination. Definitely take the shorter stopover.

Cheers
Anna
Old Sep 1st 2005, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Xgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond repute

We travelled with Emirates from Glasgow via Dubia in June,the flight took 7 hours to Dubai then got off plane with about 1 1/2 - 2 hours to kill (much needed cigarette break!!!) then went straight through to departures and reboarded, all your luggage is taken care of. We didn't buy anything in the airport - which is beautiful by the way - lighted palm trees everywhere, but I was told by the airline you can use most currencies including GBP.

Jude
Old Sep 1st 2005, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

swimmingsaintee will become famous soon enough

We're flying in Dec. Have 1 and 1/2 hours in Dubai - have been told that we will not need to collect luggage. Interestingly a friend has opted for the longer break - he's been told Emirates will provide a hotel room for his use free as stopover longer than 4 hours.Haven't heard of that myself but might be worth asking.